Scene 2 - Diving

The craft zooms over the forest, and the pilots tense. Only one side of the wheels are lowered – another malfunction from the crash. The passengers; some hold on, some fasten their seat belts clinging on tightly. The two men stop ruthlessly fighting. A mother with her little girl, attempting to keep calm to reassure her child.

Mother:

Moira, I love you.

Moira:

Mummy? Mummy?

Mother:

(Whispering to her daughter who she grips to her) I love you! I love you!

Fireflash crashes! It swings down onto the vast grassland, dangerously skidding along for a few seconds as the craft slows down, the Captains pulling her back as much as possible. It skids into the forest, crashing and destroying through. Whilst the craft bursts through the trees, knocking and destroying through them, some of the trees begin sparking from the smoke. After more bursting and bursting, slowing and slowing, the Fireflash halts. The passengers cheer in excitement and delight and the Captains turn to each other with glee to their faces. And exchange handshakes.

Captain Hanson:

Couldn't have done it without you, Captain.

Captain Tenders:

Neither could I, Captain.

Thunderbird 3 lowers towards the Fireflash gently, only to observe.

Alan:

Phew! Seems like they pulled that one off.

Scott:

Yeah. Guess we'll be taxi to London now. Fireflash, this is Thunderbird 3, our congratulations. Descending now.

KABOOM! Some of the trees explode with fire, burning and burning! The passengers begin panicking once more as they watch the inferno from outside. The Captains read the gauges for the temperature outside and the atmosphere.

NO! Thunderbird 3 to International Rescue! Dad, the Fireflash landed in the forest, and now it's set it alight! And now they stand a chance!

Jeff:

Right! There's no way you can attach a grapple to Fireflash and take her up from it?

Alan:

Too badly crippled! Ugh, Thunderbird 3 wasn't designed for fire forests.

Jeff:

Sounds like we'll need Brains for this one. Brains?