Scene 5 - Pursuing the Rocket

Thunderbird 3 rises out of the Earth's orbit, Scott and Alan watch the blinding sunlight on the horizon as the two begin plotting a course for the passenger vessel and the VGR Rocket. Alan has plotted a course up, with the rocket and the VGR, showing that a collision will take place. We only hear the conversation on the coms rather than seeing the pilot of the passenger ship, saving the budget.

Scott:

ETA to collision Alan?

Alan:

Now fifteen minutes.

Scott:

Well at least we have it on scan here. The ship fortunately is deep in space. If it was an aircraft or anything even near the Earth's atmosphere, they wouldn't have stood a chance. Passenger Vessel U007810810, quite a mouthful, this is Thunderbird 3, come in?

U007810810:

Thunderbird 3, we read you. What's the problem International Rescue?

Scott:

Have you picked the incoming missile heading in your direction?

UOO7810810:

What?

Scott:

A missile is on a course for your ship!

UOO7810810:

Can you divert the rocket off course?

Scott:

Negative. The blast will be too great. Can you divert off?

UOO7810810:

Afraid not International Rescue. We can't alter the ship's course. We only follow the flight programmer set.

Alan:

What? Who thought of that stupid idea? Supposing if there some obstruction in the way like the VGR and had to divert off course.

U007810810:

Cutbacks.

Scott:

Right, keep present trajectory U007. There's nothing left you can do. Just sit tight, keep calm, and prey. We're intercepting the VGR rocket now and once we have the necessary data of the missile we can attempt to divert it away, if possible.

U007810810:

Ok International Rescue. I just hope you know what you're doing.

Alan:

Couldn't we use our London Agent to try and find the information out?

Scott:

Virgil and Brains are already onto that. Besides, Lady P wouldn't have enough time in fifteen minutes. Thunderbird 3 to Thunderbird 2 and International Rescue.

Jeff:

Go ahead Scott.

Scott:

The UOO7 can't be diverted off course. It looks like we need some data in order to shake it off.

Virgil:

We'll be arriving at Atlantica in a few minutes, and they're already searching their files about the VGR in order to turn it away.

Jeff:

F.A.B Thunderbird 2. Scott, intercept the VGR and stand by the necessary instructions Brains will relay.

Scott:

F.A.B!

Alan:

Intercepting VGR now.

We see the sluggish rocket rise from Earth's atmosphere as Thunderbird 3 manoeuvres alongside gently on its left side.

Scott:

Great, Brains better hurry down there. For all we know it would plummet straight back to Earth any second now.