Scene 7 - Thunderbird 2 Arrival

The scene of the Fireflash, the fire still burning rapidly through the forests as gushes and gushes of toxic black fumes are continually and repeatedly smoking out uncontrollably. More trees collapse from the overpowering inferno. The pilots are beginning to suffer from the smoke and the conditions of the Fireflash. Hanson returns to the flight deck, sweating, feeling exhausted, drained and finding it difficult to stand or talk. His colleague suffers the same issue, Hanson returns to his seat, panting heavily.

Captain Tenders:

You not feeling it either?

Captain Hanson:

No. Fans stopped working.

Captain Tenders:

Most of the controls have stopped working too. Either we'll die of the flames out here, or we'll suffocate.

Captain Hanson:

We've been lucky so far from the trees. Remember, Fireflash is made out of cahelium. It's strong enough to withstand against fires. For how long we'll just have to see.

Captain Tenders:

The passengers are safe. That's the main thing.

Captain Hanson:

I just hope International Rescue hurry up and do something to get us out of this.

Thunderbird continues further to survey the rapid burning of the forest, exceeding along the forest, gaining further and further and further ground.

Alan:

Thunderbird 3 to Fireflash! Thunderbird 3 to Fireflash? Do you copy?

Scott:

Radio must be dead Alan. The instruments in there must be baking. Thunderbird 2, what's the plan of action?

Brains:

Jud-dginng by the ext-tent of the fire, the best we c-can do is to c-calm it down. Then g-get everyone out. As long as it is within h-half a mile rad-radius of Fireflash.

Scott:

That'll take some doing Brains.

Virgil:

Then we'll leave the remainder of the forest fire for the emergency services.

Gordon:

What about coms?

Scott:

Dead.

Brains:

Then with Thunderbird 2's new fire f-fighting eq-quipment, we sh-hould be able to fight it off for l-long enough. If only Thunderbird 1 were here too.

Kayo:

Good thing I'm on my way then!

Brains:

Kayo, you're flying Thunderbird 1?

Kayo:

F.A.B Brains. I'll be in the danger zone in no time at all. I'll explain it all later.

Gordon:

(To himself) She's not the only one.

Virgil:

Pardon?

Gordon:

Nothing.

Sergeant Dalton:

Yeah, well we get a ride in Thunderbird 2! And actually get to witness a rescue operation close up!

Sergeant Mantez:

Despite being out of a job now. 2s the best.

Virgil smugly smiles to himself.

Gordon:

Wait a sec Atlantica, you must be forgetting one small and easily cooler Thunderbird.

Sergeant Mantez:

What other Thunderbirds?

Virgil cracks another grin. The two pilots begin suffering in the craft further, the two hardly being able to use their muscles to rise even their arms. They fight it, defeatedly. Tenders collapse from the smoking heat inside the cockpit.

Captain Hanson:

Captain!

A few seconds later, he too passes out cold... Thunderbird 2 is approaching the danger zone...

Virgil:

Approaching danger zone now! Stand by Gordon!

Gordon:

F.A.B! First the Crablogger, now Fireflash!

Thunderbird 2 gently hovers over towards the North West side of the forest, with Portmerion village just in sight. The craft blasts near the Village, landing gently on the ground. The Pod Explorers build up - Gordon ready inside before the craft rises revealing Pod 4, as the flap is opened, revealing the Firefly and hurriedly heads off into the forest.

Firefly Pod is GO!

Once out of distance, the flap is re-sealed, and Thunderbird 2 lowers back the pod and lifts back off into the sky. The Firefly drives into the forest, Gordon operating the craft wearing his helmet from the fumes. Thunderbird 2's pod rises upwards above the rest of the craft. It appears to be a sound system - huge speakers. It waits for a moment as Firefly is ready to fire.

Firing charge now!

KABOOM! A huge charge explodes from Firefly, and blasts the entire forest with a mighty rage. BANG! ROAR! The fire begins settling slightly, yet it still isn't enough to hold the fire back.

Virgil:

The fire still isn't holding completely. Firefly!

Gordon:

I know. It's up to you now Thunderbird 2!

The sound wave is produced, booming across the forest as it further settles the fire once more. Now it was much safer.

Virgil:

At least that has helped.

Sergeant Mantez:

International Rescue, why don't you perhaps try and pour some of the sea into the forest? Or attempt to create a passage through to it if the land is low enough.

Brains:

We c-could try V-Virgil. Or use f-fire canisters.

Virgil:

We'll stand by if the fire begins spreading further. Now, it's up to Scott. All yours Thunderbird 3!