PART 2 - Scene 1 - Thunderbird 3 and Fireflash

(Previously on Thunderbirds Are GO!)

5...4...3...2...1!

THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!

The Fireflash had been hit! A devastating explosion on one of the aircraft's wing. The VGR has been destroyed. The explosion caused another malfunction and burn a side of the craft. The passengers begin panicking. Fireflash is beginning to dive towards the Atlantic Ocean, and the west coast of Wales – the remote area Coed Y Brenin Forest. The instruments are exploding haywire! The controls frying! Danger signals lighting left right and centre, as the pilots view the coast of Wales before them.

Captain Hanson:

Ladies and gentlemen we are experiencing a slight difficulty here on Fireflash. Please remain calm in your seats and ensure you are wearing your safety belts.

Captain Tenders:

We don't stand a chance.

Captain Hanson:

I know! And we can't eject!

Captain Tenders:

London control, this is Fireflash, we are descending rapidly – we are doing our best to land as safely as possible in Coed Y Brenin forest in North Wales, Portmerion.

London Control:

Fireflash, what's your status?

Captain Tenders:

An unidentified missile crashed into our starboard wing. We can't eject, and Fireflash is falling. We are doing our best to hold her up for our safest chance.

London Control:

Fireflash, can you crash in the ocean?

Captain Hanson:

Negative London. If we crash near the shore then North Wales doesn't stand a chance against our flooding. Nothing can stop us from crashing. Nothing!

Thunderbird 3 begins flying alongside the Fireflash.

Scott:

Fireflash, this is International Rescue. We have intercepted your call. We'll try and take you up.

Captain Hanson:

International Rescue! Boy, we meet again. Fireflash is only just hanging off a thread of functioning. Where did that missile come from?

Alan:

An accidental launch from Atlantica.

Captain Tenders:

From Atlantica?

Scott:

Yeah. Long story.

Alan:

Deploying grasping arm!

Thunderbird 3's arm reaches out once more and attempts to grab onto the top of the Fireflash where the pilots operate. It locks on! BANG! Some of the metal blows off...

Scott:

Blast!

Captain Hanson:

Entering cloud cover.

Captain Tenders:

How are we going to get those passengers to keep calm?

Alan:

Oxygen masks! Use the masks to make them fall asleep.

We can hear the booming screaming and horrid crying of the passengers We are in the passenger bay, panicking and beginning to scream. The little man, Henry, sweating and his bold eyes demonstrating his fear. Another little man, Dig, near around – he too panicking and scrabbling along the walls as he stares terrified out the windows with the smoke pouring out from the aircraft. An announcement booms out.

Captain Hanson:

Ladies and gentlemen, please remain calm and keep seat belts fastened.

That doesn't stop the screaming and panicking passengers, rushing up and down and left to right. The two little men begin panicking by the door.

Henry:

We're going to die! We're going to die!

Dig:

Will you shut the hell up! You're not helping! Panicking only makes it worse for us!

Henry:

But we're all going to die! The plane's gonna crash!

SMACK! A hit slap around his face.

Dig:

Pull yourself together!

Henry then throws himself towards the other man, and the two engage in a ruthless fight with one another as they throw one another to the floor savagely fighting as the rest of the passengers frighten at the back, some watching the brawl, the majority panicking amongst themselves. Thunderbird 3 and the Fireflash are now in range from the end of the beach of North West Wales, two small incoming little dots pivoting downwards – Thunderbird 3 then pulls out.

Alan:

Couldn't we try and push out Fireflash?

Scott:

Not a chance Alan. The craft is already crippled enough. One false move and then as Kayo says, Fireflash will become Fireball.

Alan:

Then all we can do is just sit tight up here.

Scott:

Afraid so little brother. Fireflash, this is Thunderbird 3, is there absolutely no way you can find any source of way to make another safer approach?

Captain Tenders:

No Thunderbird 3. I wouldn't even attempting trying to attempt locking onto Fireflash again!

Scott:

Then we wish you luck Fireflash.

Captain Hanson:

Well, I think the only thing we can say now International Rescue, is thanks. Keep her steady Tenders!

The passengers continue to scream and panic with the two men aggressively fighting one another whilst the dot swarms towards Wales. The dot begins endlessly pouring out the black toxic smoke and pivots towards the forest. The pilots tense their faces as they do their best to hold Fireflash.

Here we go!