Scene 9 - Rescuing Fireflash

The drones begin rushing around the Fireflash's passenger bay once more. Kayo operates the drones via remote controls separately from the control board from Thunderbird 1. Scott finally drags Captain Hanson into the bay finally, and Virgil contacts him.

Virgil:

Scott!

Scott:

Virgil, we're ready! Take her up!

A tree burning in flames topples onto the Fireflash! CRASH! It demolishes the front of the craft, shaking the passenger bay erratically! The rest of the craft begins roaring in flames.

Fireflash to Thunderbird 1, Kayo we're not going to hold out for much longer!

Kayo:

Nearly done Scott, just a little longer!

CRASH! KABOOM! The drones finally detach the passenger bay from the rest of the Fire-flash, literally!

Scott:

Doors have been sealed from the outside. Take her up!

Thunderbird 1, 2 and the drones fire grapples onto the passenger bay and hurriedly pull it out. The more pull, the much quicker it is dragged up. Just as it escapes - KABOOM! ROAR! ROAR! The cargo hold is dropped near the beach as Scott breaths a huge sigh of relief whilst the Thunderbirds and the drones hurry back.

Virgil:

Engaging everything we've got!

Gordon's Firefly bursts another blast! The drones squirt out gallons of water until dry. Thunderbird 1 blasts more water. Thunderbird 2 drops more canisters to control the uncontrollably wild fire. More water is squirted out as more sound booms from the speakers. Seconds later, the fire has finally halted. International Rescue had once again saved the day! Everyone also takes a huge sigh of relief.

Sergeant Mantez:

Phew! You did it International Rescue!

Sergeant Dalton:

Yes. We owe you our thanks.

Virgil:

Anytime Atlantica. Anytime. Where would you like to be dropped off at?

Sergeant Dalton:

Well, back... Oh!

Sergeant Mantez:

Yep. Atlantica. We're out of a job now thanks to someone!

Colonel Henderson:

Don't look at me Mantez! It was nothing more than a malfunction! Something I couldn't help.

Sergeant Mantez:

Then what will the World President say on your report back to him?

He keeps quiet, sulking. Or knowing he is in deep, deep trouble.

Kayo:

Thunderbird 1 to Fireflash, Scott you alright?

Scott:

Yeah. Ow! I'm ok. Just about. I think we've had enough rescues for today, and I think it is time for home.

Virgil:

I can take the passengers back to London. Besides, I need to drop these back, perhaps on the World President's doorstep.

Scott:

F.A.B!

Scott lies down on the ground, shutting his eyes gladly, taking another huge sigh of relief.

Alan:

Hay Scott, we can go home now?

Scott:

Yeah. You still there?

Alan:

Yeah. You don't mean I've been sat around here watching a fire for no reason!

Scott simply laughs, as Thunderbird 3 blasts off back home. Thunderbird 1 collects the drones whilst Thunderbird 2 heads towards the beach again, releasing the pod to take the Firefly back in. Another successful mission for International Rescue.