Scene 8 - Thunderbird 1 Arrival

Scott pulls out his from his seat from Thunderbird 3, preparing to exit with his jetpack tied to him. His Astrobaord Scott seats up.

Alan:

Good luck Scott.

Scott:

Thanks.

Alan:

Atmosphere; now breathable. Just don't stay out there too long remember or it will get into the paws of your skin.

Scott:

Don't remind me. Hay, I can't actually figure out the last time I used one of these things. Descending now. Surfs up!

Thunderbird 3 opens. Scott zooms out into the calmed inferno as he quickly surfs towards the Fireflash. Meanwhile, Alan contacts the fire platoon from his ship, hearing only the voices.

Alan:

International Rescue calling Fire Brigade, what's your status on the fire.

Fire Brigade:

We are unable to control the spread of the fire, but whatever Thunderbird 2 did was effective. The only problem is whether it will last long enough or not. In the meantime, the nearby towns and cities have been evacuated.

Alan:

Right. I'd sure hate to see the Village of Portmerion go up in flames.

Scott descends onto the Fireflash, the hot and deadly atmosphere cooled for now, despite it rapidly increasing.

Scott:

What next Brains?

Brains relays a schematic on his desk board in Thunderbird 2 of the Fireflash, projecting the life signs. All read inside the passenger bay, including the waitresses. All except the two pilots in their cabin.

Brains:

It seems as th-though the p-passenger bay has not been so b-badly struck as we may have s-sus-pected. If you can take the p-pilots out, and put them w-with the passengers. Then, we can cut out the p-passenger bay and... pull it out to saf-fety.

Scott:

From what it looks like from up here the passenger bay doesn't look to bad. The fire is beginning to spread again. I'm heading into Fireflash.

Thunderbird 1 zooms over the danger zone, Scott watching as he breaks into the ship.

Kayo:

Thunderbird 1, arrived at danger zone. What's the situation?

We see Scott communicating with the other Thunderbirds as he runs up to rescue the pilots.

Scott:

Kayo. Good. The fire is beginning to spread again and the fire tenders can't control it. Thunderbird 2 is busy trying to calm it with the Firefly, its hose cannon and fire canisters.

Kayo:

F.A.B!

Scott bursts into the cabin, seeing the unconscious men lying in their seats. And the controls are beginning to smoke!

Scott:

I'm inside. They must have passed out. I Don't blame them. My suit is as cool as it's going to get and I'm still feeling the heat. The controls are beginning to smoke. I need to get them to the passenger bay!

We see the exterior of the remains of Fireflash again, the fire beginning to burn through as more trees crash and fall. We also see Thunderbird 1 hover over Fireflash too. Then we jump back to Kayo when Scott finishes speaking the next line.

Kayo:

And then we cut out the passenger bay and take her away.

Scott:

Right. I've gotta say Kayo you fly her great.

Kayo:

Thanks. She's a piece of cake! Seems like it was a good thing the fire fighting equipment is stored in Thunderbird 2.

Scott drags Captain Tenders towards the passenger bay strongly.

Scott:

Yep. Even in Pod 4. Kayo, stand by with the drones.

Kayo:

F.A.B!

As a hatch of "1" for Thunderbird 1 is opened, some drones begin flying out and zoom around the burning Fireflash with Thunderbird 1. Finally, Scott drops Tenders along with the remaining passengers lying unconscious. He dashes back up hurriedly as he talks on the coms.

Scott, the fire's burning again!

Scott:

I only hope we're not too late Kayo!

Virgil:

Scott, we've collected some water from the sea and the amount we have still won't stop the fire burning.

Kayo:

Then how can we stop the fire?

Virgil:

Then the fire canisters are our only option.

Jeff begins calling to Scott on his com – his image popping up. Scott groans.

Jeff:

Scott, what's going on!

Scott:

Dad, this isn't a great time!

Jeff:

Virgil is reporting in that the amount of water he's collected from the sea isn't enough to completely...

Scott:

DAD! THIS REALLY ISN'T THE TIME! I KNOW THIS!

He angrily turns off his communicator, his head sweating, and panting in exhaustion from the scorching fires. He rushes off back to the flight deck, and is stunned when he reaches it – the controls spark on fire! Smoke burning from the console – Captain Hanson left to breathe the poisonous fumes! Scott bravely fights it and rushes to grab Hanson over his shoulder and dash out as the console explodes further! BANG! BANG! Scott saves him right in time, and rushes to the passenger bay.