Three

What if I told you that 10 years from now, your life would be exactly the same? I doubt you'd be happy. So, why are you so afraid of change?

--Karen Salmansohn

I have been living with Jamie and Henry for about 4 months now

I have been living with Jamie and Henry for about 4 months now. They taught me all about life, which apparently I wasn't living. They told me all about themselves and I occasionally told them about my old life. I didn't like talking about it, it always seemed to make them sad.

It turns out they have a daughter around my age who lives at the pack house up north, they were even talking about transferring me up there. The way they describe it makes it seem like heaven, but I don't exactly have the best experiences from my last pack house.

"Hey Ellie, can I talk to you about something?" Henry asked, jogging down the stairs, a small frown on his face.

"Ya, of course, what's up Henry?" I said confidently making him smile a small proud father smile before frowning again.

"I made an appointment with my alpha to see about you joining our pack. The situation is really complicated though, he's not sure if he can help us out. It'll be hard for you to officially join a pack because they will then be at risk at going into war with your old pack. The thing is, the Blood Thunder pack is one of the largest and most powerful in the area, it could be devastating to go to war with a pack like that, and Belle Foret just doesn't have the resources for that kind of thing."

"I understand." I said, trying to smile through to make Henry feel better. "Thank you for trying." I added.

He put a lot into talking with the alpha and trying to find a place for me and I couldn't be more grateful to him and Jamie.

He nodded, pity in his eyes. I've really begun to hate when people look at me like that. It doesn't help me in any way, just makes me feel pathetic.

"So what's the count today?" Henry said, changing the subject. I've been weighing myself daily to make sure I'm gaining enough weight.

"105 lbs" I said with a smile. When I arrived I was way underweight and Henry has been working with me to fix that since I got here.

I'm almost 5'7, so still a little under average, but heavier than I ever thought I could be. 

"That's amazing!" He said, a giant smile on his face while he picked me up and spun me.

It really was amazing. I looked and felt a million times healthier than I ever had. My senses have gotten so much better too, I felt like a whole new person.

The only thing weighing me down, cuffing me to my old life was my deformation.

I hadn't shifted once since I arrived here. I don't want them to see my form, once they do, I know they'll abandon me. They think I exaggerate when I tell them I'm a disgrace to my parents but if they were to see me I'm almost 100% sure they'd agree.