Five

"A single thread of hope is still a very powerful thing"

- Unknown

I opened my eyes to be met with darkness

I opened my eyes to be met with darkness. I blinked a couple more times to be sure but nothing was making sense. 

As my senses returned to me I realized I was sitting in a chair but as I went to get up I couldn't move my arms or legs. 

It all came crashing back to me as my memories replayed in my mind like a movie. What the hell? 

I now put all the pieces together and realized I was cuffed tightly to a chair, a blindfold blocking my vision. 

I tried to yank and pull at the restraints but there was no use, they were very well built. This clearly wasn't an amateur job, I really wanted to be impressed despite the shit I seemed to have landed in. 

As if someone sensed that I was awake I heard the door opened and listened closely as heels clicked towards me. They came to a stop and my blindfold was ripped off my face roughly. 

I had to blink my eyes a couple times to adjust to the bright white lights that were illuminating the room harshly, but once I did it revealed a beautiful tall blonde who shot me a bright smile when she noticed I was awake. 

"Hi there!" She said as she came in, taking a seat in the chair across from me, her curls bouncing with each movement. My hair was curly too and I wondered if it did the same thing when I moved. I looked down at my hair with a frown and the girl tilted her head at me. 

 I was contemplating the bounciness of my hair when I realized she was waiting for me to respond. 

"Uhhhh hi?" I said, narrowing my eyes a little in her direction. 

"You must have a lot of questions." She said right off the bat, twirling one of her curls around her finger while pursing her lips slightly. 

"Ya, no shit." I said, rolling my eyes. I have no idea where the confidence was coming from, but I wasn't complaining. 

I'd seemed to reach a numb state where I was just too tired to care. If she wanted to torture and kill me she could go right ahead. I couldn't be bothered to watch myself. I was done. 

"Okay, well basically your father, Alpha Green put a bounty on your head, its worth a five hundred thousand dollars! Can you believe that?!" She said, with the same cheery attitude. "We've been watching you for months but those stupid caretakers of yours never seem to leave your side. I was starting to think we'd just have to take the messy way and get you through them so you can imagine my elation when I heard you had taken it upon yourself to leave and offer yourself right up to us on a platter!" 

I knew I should be scared or shocked but her voice was just too nice. It's not that she didn't seem threatening, I'm sure she could do some serious damage, but I just couldn't find myself wanting to cower in front of her. She seemed, friendly? But not friendly.