Twenty-two

After a few minutes their attention started to turn towards me as confusion covered them.

Heeler pulled out a knife defensively making me sigh. Why don't they trust me?

Sarah saw me and pulled me into a hug, shocking me.

Heeler growled lowly but Sarah just turned around and gave him a warning glare effectively shutting him up.

"Oh Ellie I've missed you so much! What are you doing here?!"

God this girl is sweet. I stared into her aura marveling at the beauty. She had overcome such darkness. I was so proud.

"She saved my life and then helped me come here." Alex filled them in. 

Heeler put away his knife when he said that. 

"What's going on? Why are you all so scared of Ellie?" 

Well then Alex, just put it right out there. 

They all awkwardly stared at the grounds or the walls. 

"I know she's strong, she beat like 8 vampires earlier within seconds barely getting a scratch on her and got shot by 3 arrows and kept walking, but she's so peaceful I mean, its in her nature to be peaceful." 

"You got shot by 3 of our arrows?" Jack asked 

I nodded my head.

Jade whistled lowly looking impressed, "How are you still awake? Just one of those can paralyze you." 

I shrugged, "I've grown a tolerance to poison over the years." 

There was an awkward silence at my revelation, everyone understanding except Alex who looked around confused. 

"What did you mean when you said it was in her nature to be peaceful? After all, she almost killed your sister." Heeler said bitterly. 

I looked at the ground in shame. Heeler's aura was overwhelmingly red, making me eve  more guilty and embarrassed. 

"That's impossible. It must've been an accident I mean my sister just hugged her clearly she didn't purposely try and hurt her. I mean, white stags don't hurt others. Ever." 

"White stag?" Jack asked. 

"They don't know." I mumbled to Alex, head still down. 

Alex's eyes widened as his aura became panicked. They auras were beginning to become overwhelming so I turned them off, sighing at the lack of aggressive colors. 

"Don't know what?" Heeler asked. 

I looked up. "It turns out I am a white stag." 

They all looked at me in silence before they all broke out into laughter. I looked at the ground in shame and made my way outside. I have no idea why they all hate me but I won't stand around while they laugh at me. 

Alex came running after me out the door. "Ellie wait! I'm so sorry I told them your secret I didn't mean it. I don't know why they don't believe that you're a white stag, I don't understand what they have against you but you can prove yourself! Just go read their auras maybe read their minds a little and-" 

I cut him off raising my hand. 

"Alex, its okay. I cam here to drop you off safely, nothing else." I handed him a piece of paper with my number on it.

"Call me if you ever need anything, I'll come help as soon as possible or help the best I can. I've made peace with the situation here. I don't understand it either but I'm not going to stand here and beg for them to like me. I love them all, they were my family but I won't stay here if I am unwanted."