Twenty-eight

"Well lets just dive in, us White Stags really just want to live in peace. May I ask the reason why you've been trying to uncover our villages and reveal us to the world?"

The main guy sighed.

"Look, its nothing personal. As you probably know witches pride themselves on being the most powerful creatures in the world, the only thing is that people believe white stags are more powerful. A lot of our members resent that, having never even met a white stag. They want to see you and judge if you're really that powerful, if not, they want to show the world that witches are the superior species."

"What if they met one and were bested?" I asked.

"Then they'll back off. We've been trying too keep the problem under control but witches can be a little... rebellious. Especially the powerful ones, they believe they are indestructible. I have lived in the days when white stags roamed free and am aware how powerful you are, but the rest are not so easily convinced."

"What if I met them then?"

Everyone raised their eyebrows at me while Amos whipped his head in my direction.

"Ellie. If anyone's putting themselves in that danger it will be me. I won't have you risk your life like that."

"Amos, no offense but I am the most powerful white stag to have existed in a long time. This is why you brought me along."

Amos hesitated for a moment before sighing.

"Okay." He said unhappily.

The main witch smirked a little as the others laughed a little.

"No offense little girl, I just have a hard Tim believing you're as powerful as you say."

In an instant I was standing behind him pointing a knife at his throat.

'Don't underestimate me, witch.' I echoed in his mind.

As the other witches got up to protect their leader I disappeared completely. I walked around them calmly as they panicked.

I knocked each of those that tried to stand up to me onto their backs, not harming them but scaring them a little, putting them into their place.

With the mixture of my white stag power and werewolf strength I vastly overpowered them.

I saw some weapons appearing out of thin air as one of the witches chanted trying to disable my invisibility. I just brushed the attempts off, easily dodging and taking control of the weapons. One of the witches set on fire and another had the ground shaking.

I gracefully danced around them, gently knocking them back onto their backs as Amos sat in his spot, shaking his head amused.

"Enough!" The leader yelled and his men instantly stood down.

"Point taken." He continued, "we won't underestimate you again, you have our sincere apologies."

I reappeared, my power oozing from my body. My werewolf side told me that wasn't enough. I would not take their blatant disrespect.

"Bow." I ordered and instantly, against their will every one of them was on their knees bowing their heads to me.

I let them all back up and they retook their seats.

"You weren't lying when you said she was powerful." The main witch chuckled to himself.

He extended his hand to me. "Darius Winter." He bowed his head a little after shaking my hand. I nodded, appreciating his show of respect.