Twenty-one

UNEDITED

From here on out this story is completely unedited! If you see any problems or mistakes or anything that can be done better in the writing or the actual plot please let me know and I'll be happy to fix everything I can during editing! I'm currently working through this as fast as I can but it takes time and this is just a hobby. I'm sorry, please be patient!

We'd been working on auras for exactly a week now and today is my graduation day! I've officially mastered them and am now moving onto mind reading. Not gonna lie I'm pretty excited about this one. 

I can easily read anyone's aura in a blink of an eye. Everyone around here has calming and happy auras, no surprise but if I really concentrate I can see the most detailed things about their past or any emotion they're feeling no matter how detailed or small. 

Jeremiah said he was really impressed. We had someone come in and tell us some stories and we'd see how many emotions I could place. In the end I was finding more than Jeremiah. 

The only problem is Jeremiah's aura. I can tell that he's lived a pretty good life but the more time I spend with him the more intense the purple on pink sparks become. At first I thought I was imagining it but now there's not doubting it. 

One of the men that came to tell their story even told me that he'd seen em too when Jeremiah looked at me. The only problem is I'm not sure I feel it. 

He's such an amazing guy, sweet and caring but to be honest I'm still hurting from all of the rejections I've received throughout my life. Especially my mate's rejection. He was suppose to be the one to care for me and take care of me and love me no matter what but he just rejected me. 

I entered the beautiful white training room a little early but Jeremiah was already there waiting. 

He immediately lit up yellow with sparks of pink and purple as I entered the room. 

I hope he doesn't know that I know. That would be pretty uncomfortable...

"Happy graduation day!" He exclaimed pulling me into a hug. I'm so proud of you!" 

When we pulled back there was even more pink and purple. Oh boy. 

"Today we'll start reading minds! This is a pretty fun one to learn and you're so amazing I'm sure you'll pick it up in no time." He smiled. 

SEE WHAT I MEAN?! HE'S A SWEETY PIE! WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME!

"This is honestly not my expertise, but I know how to train others. My best is tricking the mind which I'm very excited to teach but I can only read minds if I sit down and really concentrate. I only have a 45llhm so its natural that I haven't mastered all of them like you will.'

We sat down on the floor across from each other like always. 

"Okay, its fairly simple. Open up your mind, relax, stare into my eyes. I'll push some thoughts forward to make it easier for you. Just imagine a string connecting our heads. Slide down that string and into my mind. "

I stared into his eyes and imagined the string. It took me a moment to really visualize it properly between us. I had to find the right string. For some reason it didn't feel right until I imagined a glowing yellow biplane of sort between our minds. 

I then imagined my mind power sliding across the string and into his mind. 

'RAINBOWS' I heard him yell in his mind. 

I gasped at the weird sensation of someone else's voice in my mind. 

I could feel myself standing at the front of his brain. I knew there was much more to discover and look for but I didn't quite have the strength to do so yet.