Twenty-five

I cleaned out the penthouse I was staying in one final time. Its time for a change. A new chapter in this crazy life. Hopefully this is the one that will bring me happiness. 

I said goodbye to Daisy and Jeremiah. I cried both times. I'd miss them both so much. I'd been crying so much lately it was annoying. But how could I not! I told Jeremiah I was dying. He deserved to know. 

Apparently he'd already known. He had read my mind a couple times during training to make sure I was concentrating and accidentally found the thoughts. 

I had my necklace on. It was beautiful and I was never planning on taking it off. It had come from someone who truly cared about me, that was really something special. 

Next stop was Jammie and Henry. 

Running I arrived at about 4:00pm. I knocked on the door, swallowing the lump in my throat. I knew this was going to be a hard one. 

Henry opened the door, instantly smiling and pulling me into his embrace. 

"Ellie, I missed you kiddo." 

"Did you say Ellie?" Jammie called out, hopefulness seeping into her voice. 

As I pulled back from a grinning Henry she came running around the corner, leaping at me. She was old but still spunky. 

I laughed, embracing her tightly. 

"What brought you all this way?" Henry asked. 

I have some things I need to tell you about, I figured it'd be better to do it in person. 

"Of course. Come sit." Jammie said leading us to the living room. 

I smiled at the fond memories I had from this place. I was probably at one of my happiest when I was here. 

I told them all about how I left Belle Foret and how I became a White Stag, telling them pretty much everything, saving the depressing details they didn't need to hear. 

"While I was working at the flower shop I made quite a bit of money and, well." I handed them wad of cash awkwardly, making them gasp.

"What the hell is this?" Jammie asked, eyes wide as she stared at the roll of hundreds as I placed a bunch more on the table. 

"6 million dollars." 

They both looked at me, jaws on the ground. 

"Ellie, we can't accept this. We never wanted you to pay us back for anything, we consider you our daughter, it was our pleasure to help you out." 

"I know, but I really really want to give this to you. Besides, I won't take it back. Please? Please take it." 

Jammie teared up as Henry remained still in shock. 

I knew they had a lot of money problems, I couldn't even imagine the amazing things this money could do for them. 

"Honey, shouldn't you keep this? For your future, you never know when you might need this money." 

My heart dropped into my stomach when they said that. 

"Thats the other thing I wanted to talk to you about actually..."

They sat back down, staring at me intensely. 

"You know how my healing is abnormally fast and I am abnormally strong and fast, even for an alpha. Well, there's a reason no one's able to be as strong as I am. My body can't handle it. Its too fragile to handle all of my power and abilities, its decaying, really quickly."