1st January, 2014 - Anon

I was staying the night at my friend Haylee's house, as i have done a thousand times before.
This time, though, it was different. There was something really wrong with her house. I could sense something that wasn't quite right, and as soon as i set foot in Haylee's spare bedroom where i was going to be sleeping, my feeling of uneasiness grew. I turned to her hurriedly, and said "Haylee, this house is haunted."

She'd thought it was rediculous, laughing and walking out, leaving me alone to unpack and prepare for - what i felt was- a horrible night to come.

I was awoken early in the morning by a strange, and familiar, whiny voice. I looked around the dark room, and at first, could see nothing. Until the noise came again and i focused on the only odd dark silhoutted figure at the foot of my bed. As my eyes adjusted, i couldn't believe what i was seeing.

"Giuls?" I asked in a tired voice. My boyfriend. I was so far away from where he lives, so how did he get here? I asked him and patiently waited for him to reply, but got a very shrill moan in return that made my skin crawl.

"Kayla," he said, sounding in pain "my face hurts."
He was touching his face delicately, searching for anything that may be causing his pain. But he sobbed when he found nothing. Even in the dark, i could see that nothing was wrong with his face. So i repeated my question, my voice trembling. He was really starting to freak me out. "How did you get here?"

He only repeated what he said earlier, faster this time. "Kayla, my face hurts."

I didn't know what to do. I've always hated knowing the people i love are in pain, but usually there is some way i can help. There was nothing that i could see on my boyfriend's face that suggests what was causing his pain and restlessness.

Instinctively, i put all my questions aside and started to look for a way that i could be of some help, because his panicked voice was growing louder as the pain somehow became more intense. I grew frustrated with helplessness and called out his name over and over again to try and distract him, to somehow prevent what was happening. I had to put my hands over my ears at the high moaning he let out.

I wasn't quick enough to help him, and the moment that was decided he began to puff up all over his body, until his voice turned to screams - pleas'- for help. He gave one last unbearable scream, before suddenly disappearing.

His blood sprayed all over the walls, covering the like red curtains, washing over me at the same time, forcing a shudder from the sudden cold, and the fact that i was covered in my boyfriends blood.

I stayed awake for the rest of the morning until i told myself it was time to get up. When the time came to pack my belongings and leave, i did not want to mention what had happened. The blood on the walls were still dripping, but the blood on my nightgown had somehow vanished.

Mum gave me a warm smile as i walked up to her. I said a very stiff goodbye to Haylee and slumped in the car, looking forward to getting the hell away from here. As mum sat next to me, she put in my lap two small brown packages.

The first one read 'Kayla Perry'
While the second one stared at me with it's curious title, 'Bad News.'

"The test results came back," mum said as i opened up the one with my name on it. I was staring at pictures of the room i had stayed in, the blood splash in human form on the carpet and all over the walls, a horrible sign that what i had witnessed early this morning had actually happened. It was real. My boyfriend was dead.

I felt sick, and with mum staring at my face for my reaction, i quickly forced myself to recover. I opened to other package.

The doctor had diagnosed me with having 'Paraphernalia.' I had no idea what it meant, i couldnt even remember going to the doctors, but it didn't have any effect on me, not as much as it would have had if i didnt remember the sound of my boyfriend's cries, or watch him blow up to be drenched in his blood.

I silently promised myself to never re-enter that house.