All Grown Up

A black blur sped through the forest - oblivious to the danger ahead - and kept running.

The blur burst through the tree line and sped up, at the last second it looked down and realised the massive split in the terrain that lay ahead, he lost his footing and slipped...

"LUNAR!" A loud but soft voice cried, echoing throughout the house.

A pink-furred quadruped walked into the room, her crimson-red, gem embedded in her forehead glistening in the "Lunar come on! Get up already!"

"Alright! Alright.. I'm up"

"Finally, see you downstairs!" she replied cheerfully before leaving,

"Mmhh.." Lunar groaned.

"Ugh... why does she have to be so loud..." He thought to himself; a dark silhouette slid out of its bed, sloppily walking amongst the shadows of the room, slipping through a door and into another room. 

Soon enough, the light flashed on; a black quadruped stepped out of the shower, it had bright yellow rings on its legs and its forehead, two large cylindrical ears were planted atop its head, both with their own yellow strips on them, a similar looking tail rested on his hind; his blue eyes scanning the room with pinpoint accuracy, an Umbreon stood, tiredly; he was soaked and had a dripping towel on his back.

He dried off his sleek black fur, running a paw through it, feeling the fine hairs run through his digits and smiled; he looked at himself in the mirror, gently patting down the annoying tufts of fur that wouldn't settle.

He soon walked downstairs to see an Espeon talking to a Jolteon in the living room, "Morning Mum, Dad..." he mumbled, still half asleep.

"Morning sleeping beauty," his dad, Spark, said with a smug grin,

"Shut up," Lunar bluntly replied.

"Anyways, I packed your bags for you so you don't have to hassle with them, I know how bad you are at packing," the Espeon interrupted

"Packed my bags? what f- OH! Right, I'm moving, WAIT, I'M MOVING!" Lunar shouted, letting the realisation sink in before he jumped around the kitchen with joy, whilst his father just stared, a smug grin on his face the whole while.

"Don't know how you're mature enough to move out, look at you!" Spark said, barely containing his laughter; Lunar stopped jumping, realising how stupid he had looked.

"Dad! Shut up!" Lunar moaned as he walked over to the cupboard and opened it, taking out a few berries. Lunar sat down and quietly ate them while his parents talked, "Oh yeah, Lunar, we bought you a medical kit and some potions for you on your travels."

"Thanks Dad." Lunar replied, looking at the Jolteon and flashing a smile.

"No problem Lunar, got to be safe right? I don't want you keeling over and dying before you make it to Sugarcoat!"

"The chances are slim, I'm really strong Dad..."

"I know, but it never hurts to be prepared to be hurt." Spark replied, remembering his 'Hardcore' training courses he took with Lunar, he failed but Lunar passed with flying colours, achieving a score of 763, 526 points above second place, a short-tempered Pyroar.

"Well, thank you anyways," Lunar said, standing up and walking over to his bag, he opened it and saw the contents, a little green box with a white cross in the middle, that must be the medkit he thought. The dark type continued to sift through the bag, he found 2000 Pokedollar and a chain... The chain was sentimental to him - it had belonged to his dad - which belonged to his dad, he died protecting Spark, the Leafeon fought to his last breath protecting the little Eevee kit. With the attacker dead in front of them, the Leafeon walked over to Spark, but before he could comfort the terrified kit, he stumbled, his breathing became shallow as life was slipping away, Spark ran over to his Dad as the Leafeon whispered something to him, "S... ugar"