I'm Sorry...

Quick Disclaimer!! This chapter contains MODERATE LANGUAGE, GORY SCENES INCLUDING BLOOD and ATTEMPTED SUICIDE. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO VIEW THIS THEN DO NOT READ. PLEASE SKIP TO THE NEXT CHAPTER IF IT'S RELEASED. YOU WON'T MISS TOO MUCH. VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

Lunar awoke, his blue eyes scanned the surrounding trees, he blinked a few times and logged what happened yesterday, he looked down and saw his injuries. With a few attempts, Lunar got onto his paws, jumped swiftly off the roof and walked into the house, Ruby wasn't anywhere to be seen, Lunar thought for a moment, he decided to make breakfast for them both as a thank you. He walked to her cupboards and registered their contents, he looked around and found the ingredients he wanted. He took a bowl and spoon and got to work. He added some flour and salt into the bowl, then he added suet, currants, sugar, lemon and orange zest. Next he added around 150ml of milk, then he mixed it to a firm but moist dough. After he shaped it into a roll around 20cm long, then he placed it on a large rectangle of baking parchment, wrapping it loosely to allow the pudding to rise, then he tied the ends with string, similar to a Christmas cracker. Then he got a steamer and pan, he filled the relatively large pan with water and let it boil, once it was boiling he added the pudding to the steamer, then he covered it and let it steam. Adding water every now and then.

After an hour and a half, he checked on the pudding and, to his joy, was steamed nicely and ready to eat. But, before this, one thing must come first, the best thing in the world. He thought. He got a saucepan and placed it on the cooker, he then put cream and milk into the saucepan, bringing it to just below boiling point. Whilst that was going, he got a large bowl and whisked some egg yolks, cornflour, sugar and vanilla. Once they were both ready, he gradually poured the liquid into the bowl, stirring constantly. Then he cleaned out the saucepan and put the mixture back into the pan, and stirred until a, thick, smooth and heavenly sauce was formed.

During this time, Ruby began to stir, a familiar scent attacked her nose, she couldn't quite remember what it was, but it reminded her of her childhood, with Lunar, with Gem and Spark. She got confused and shook the thought out of her head, she got up and leaped off the bed, she walked down the stairs to see Lunar preparing something, she couldn't figure out what it was, but she figured out that was the source of the reminiscent smell. She walked over to him and spoke; "Good morning, Lunar, what are you doing?"
"Good morning, Ruby, I hope you don't mind, I used some of your ingredients to make us breakfast,"
"Not at all, what did you make, may I ask?"
"That's a surprise! Go to the table, I'll bring it to you in a second,"
"Okay..." Ruby walked over to the table and patiently waited for Lunar to finish. Several minutes later, he walked over with a bowl and spoon, he placed it in front of Ruby, "Enjoy!" He said with a smile, Ruby looked at the food, it was a pudding, about 5cm tall, surrounded by a moat of custard. Is this... what I think it is..?  Lunar came over with a bowl of the same food, and sat down in front of Ruby. Ruby got a faint idea of what it could be and eagerly put a spoonful of the pudding in her mouth. Instantly, memories of her childhood came flooding back to her, then she remembered what it was, Spotted Dick...