Under Attack

Lunar sighed, his eyes snapping open for the umpteenth time, being awoken once more by a lightning strike, it had been several hours now and the storm hadn't calmed down, if anything, it had gotten worse. He looked over at Jinx and saw she was barely able to sleep too, she just sat there, looking out at nothing and shivering slightly, her eyes showed her mind was elsewhere and Lunar didn't bother engaging in conversation, mainly because there wasn't much to talk about. He sat against the bundle of wood, throwing his head back and closing his eyes, he felt exhausted and tired. He thought of Crystal and hoped she was alright or if she was in a similar situation to them, lost. He shivered, feeling a chill run up and down his spine then sneezed. He sighed and tried to sleep again whilst the storm raged on, he decided that they shouldn't go anywhere until the fog had lifted at least a little, because if it hadn't they'd only worsen their situation and potentially lose each other.

Lunar soon fell asleep once more, his thoughts only on Crystal, he slept peacefully as the storm went on. Jinx however, couldn't fall asleep and just day dreamed the storm away.

Eventually, night fell, it was hard to tell though, seeing as their visibility was already limited and they sky was blocked out by the angry clouds. Jinx stayed awake and continued to day dream, still unable to sleep as the hail became rain once more and continued to shower their already soaked pelts.

After a long while, the storm had only worsened, Lunar heard a few more rustles of bushes behind him and he turned around, he felt uncomfortable again. He looked around for a couple seconds, seeing nothing once more then sat back down and closed his eyes. He looked over at Jinx and saw she was lying on her back, staring up at the sky and watching the brutal attack rain down on them, he closed his eyes and covered them with a forearm.

A few minutes later he heard an ear-piercing scream. He bolt upright and cocked his head towards the scream, seeing a Mightyena with it's teeth burning deep into Jinx's hind leg, dragging her back almost as she tried to fight back, but becoming immobile as another pounced on her and held her down. Lunar felt a blow in his side and he looked to where it came from, seeing another Mightyena attacking him, he recognised him from their previous encounters. Lunar growled and shot a dark pulse point blank, dealing some damage to the wolf, before hearing Jinx scream again.

He growled and shoved the Mightyena off of him and tackled the one holding Jinx down, freeing her slightly. Lunar quickly got off of the wolf and charged at the one hurting Jinx, unsheathing his claws and digging them into his stomach, making him cry out in pain and release Jinx's leg.

Jinx whimpered but ignored her pain, turning to one of the Mightyena and firing off a moonblast, hitting him head on. As they fought, Lunar dealt with two at a time, deciding it would be best to end this right here, right now. He looked at the wolf laying on the ground and dug his claws into his neck, his cries soon cut short as he severed his windpipe, effectively killing the dark type before Lunar turned to deal with the other, firing a shadow ball behind him and launching him into the air.

Lunar landed on the Mightyena's back and made him lose his balance, becoming trapped below the Umbreon as he received the same treatment as the last, feeling Lunar's sharp claws dig into his neck. His eyes widened before his body went limp, his eyes went blank and he stopped struggling. Lunar yanked his claws out of the corpse and looked over at Jinx, happy to see she wasn't showing any mercy, slowly killing the wolf below her.

Lunar sat back down tiredly, watching the Sylveon sat atop the dark wolf as he struggled below her, being held down by her feelers before she swiftly dug her claws into his neck and sliced it open, hearing his screams cut short as his body shut down, permanently.

Lunar inspected his paws, seeing them coated in blood and looked at his arm, seeing a few scratches here and there, he was surprised they didn't do more to him. He saw Jinx limping over to him, sitting down and inspecting her leg, seeing deep bite marks in her thigh and staining her white fur with a crimson red. She wrapped her feelers around her leg and covered the wound and Lunar watched them glow, before she retracted them again and the wound had disappeared. Lunar looked at her with a grin and she looked back with a tired one, lying down and falling asleep out of exhaustion as the storm continued.

Lunar looked around, seeing three dead bodies lying on the ground, and sighed. He felt like complete crap and he was hungry as anything, he just wanted to be with Crystal again, more than anything.

He curled up and fell asleep once more, shutting out the bad world and escaping to one of his own, in a dream-built reality, whisking away his problems as he and Jinx slept through the storm.

When Lunar opened his eyes again, the storm had died down by a lot, reducing to just heavy rainfall partnered with the cloud of fog. Lunar smiled at the sight of the weather lifting but frowned at the fact they could still barely see 10ft in front of them.
Lunar's stomach growled and he decided to ignore his own advice, standing up on all fours and stretching out his limbs, before walking into the forest in search of some berries, walking in a straight line and taking note of his surroundings so that he didn't become lost and separated from the Sylveon.

About an hour later, Jinx raised her head, seeing a small pile of berries in front of her, she looked to the left and saw Lunar munching on a berry. She smiled and picked one up for herself, biting into the ripe fruit and savouring it's flavour.

Lunar looked towards Jinx and sparked a conversation, "How are you?" He asked,
"Feeling better, my leg is still sore though," She replied. Lunar nodded and the conversation ran dry again. They sighed and continued to sit through the crappy weather, watching the droplets of water fall through the sky, glistening in the sun peeking through the weakening clouds.

After an hour of waiting Lunar realised the fog was slowly clearing and their viewing range increased noticeably, he smiled, seeing everything turning for the better but decided to wait a little more, looking around at their surroundings, now being able to properly see the sublime, natural environment, plus three dead wolves.

By now the fog had almost cleared up and he gently shook Jinx out of her peaceful slumber. She groaned and sat up, understanding the plan and following Lunar's lead, slowly getting the bundle of damp wood on her back and stretching out her limbs.

Lunar walked onto the path, finally putting his aching legs to work and looking around, not recognising where they were, brilliant.

He remembered they direction they came and turned to what he believed was the right direction, slowly walking away with Jinx in tow.

They walked in silence, not really knowing what to talk about as the rain continued to lightly fall from the sky, leaving behind a lingering fresh scent around them. As they walked, Lunar thought about the failed attack on them, recognising the wolves as the ones who had kidnapped him and the ones who confronted Nova, quickly building up a hate towards them. He knew this wasn't the end of it either, there was way more than three wolves with him on their hit list.

As Lunar became lost in thought, so did Jinx, both of them walking in silence, living in their own little worlds and absentmindedly walking forwards. Lunar snapped out of his day dream and looked around, realising the rain had long since stopped and the fog was a lot thinner than he last remembered. He looked around and recognised where they were, he smiled and began to walk a little faster, banking a right and looking behind him, seeing Jinx following him. A few minutes later, they left the cluster of trees and walked into a clearing, with four wooden poles sticking out of the ground and a river cutting through the ground a little further away, it was only lacking three things: a Glaceon, Vaporeon and an Eevee.

Lunar groaned and put down the pile of wood next to Jinx's, before looking around to see if he could find the trio, to which he had no avail.

A/N

Hai, sorry for the shit fight part I'm literally so bad at them, so I fucking killed them off :P

Anyways hope you enjoyed this one it feels rushed so I might rework it and such, sorry it's shorter than normal too, it's been cut in half.

Date Published: 9th July 2020
Final Word Count: 1556
Time taken to write: 3 days