Places to be

Lunar rose before Crystal had, the sun was outside the windows, requesting entry to the room. He slid out from the Glaceon's soft embrace and crept downstairs. Once again, Lunar was the first to wake up, he decided to fix everyone a quick breakfast, he took out a waffle iron and made some pecha batter, he made three waffles and plated them, he wrote two notes, one addressed to everyone, another addressed to Crystal, the notes read:
Dear, Mum, Dad & Crystal
I have gone out to run a few errands, breakfast is in the oven (hopefully still warm) I will return soon but in the mean time, make yourselves at home.
-Lunar
And;
Dear Crystal,
I have to leave home for a few days to find some rare things, don't worry, I'll be back in time for your birthday :) I need to get a few things done first.
- Lunar xo.
Lunar placed the first note on top of the kitchen table for everyone to see, next he crept softly back into his room and planted the second on top of his nightstand. He looked at Crystal once more before mouthing 'love you' and shutting the door.

He walked downstairs, had a quick shower and set off on a hunt. The second he shut the door he bolted down the path, at speeds similar to a Jolteon, he headed into the square and found the map, he quickly scanned it and headed southbound, toward the forest's main entry and exit point. He trotted out of the forest boundary and began a journey to the neighbouring forest.

All the while this was happening, a pastel blue quadruped awoke feeling slightly cold, she was a little confused, the bed felt lighter and colder, she opened her eyes slowly and didn't see a single hint of the dark type. The side he slept on previously was void, she saw a piece if paper on the table, she rolled over and inspected it. After her analysis her mood faltered, she pouted a little.
Nevertheless she got out of bed and sauntered downstairs, she found another note sat, patiently awaiting someones attention, on the table. She read it and smiled. Even when he's not here, he's still caring. She opened the oven and took out a waffle, to her joy it was still warm. She set the food down and sat in a chair, she noticed Lunar's parents hadn't woken up yet. She began to chew on the food thoughtfully. Gem had awoken upstairs and left Spark to his own dream, or nightmare, if he was having a nightmare he's clearly not scared easily. Whilst Crystal was lost in her own thoughts, the Espeon came down the steps and into the kitchen. She looked at Crystal's face, her eyes showed her mind was elsewhere as she absentmindedly ate the food in her paws. Gem smiled and noticed the paper, she read it and understood. She took out her share of food and sat at the table with Crystal. The Ice-Type snapped out of her daze and noticed the lavender figure sat nearby, "Oh! Good morning Gem!" She said happily, the Espeon cocked her head, closed her eyes and shot her a warm, friendly smile. "Good morning Crystal!" She said in return, she bit into the food and her eyes widened. "Wow! Does he always make food this good?" She asked, Crystal grinned and nodded, "I mean, he was pretty good before but he's improved so much since then!" The Espeon complemented the absent Umbreon. During their conversation, Spark had also joined them with his own waffle, they all conversed about this and that for a while before they all consumed their waffles and left three empty plates and three satisfied eeveelutions.

Lunar had been walking for almost an hour before he began to notice signs of civilisation, he had walked through an annoying field of tall grass and a cluster of trees so dense he couldn't see five metres in front of him. He walked up to the forest's border line and stepped into the official forest, Leaf Forest. He walked into the square, which was noticeably larger than Sugarcoat, and read the layout map. He found the specific building he wanted and headed towards it. It was an Ice-Cream factory, one of a kind, it was MegaBeri Co. Arguably the most popular ice-cream company for miles. He came here for a few reasons, this was the only manufacturer that produced a special flavour, and it was authentic. To him Crystal deserved nothing but the best, especially on her birthday. He walked into the factory where he was met by an Alolan Vulpix, he greeted the Ice fox, "Good morning! I need a small batch of the GigaMix flavour please." The Vulpix smiled, "Of course! Please wait here a moment, uh how much would you like?" The Umbreon thought for a moment 'go big or go home' he thought "10kg." He said confidently. 
The Vulpix looked at him "Sure? I mean, it is a lot of weight to carry," Lunar nodded his head. The Vulpix vanished behind a door for a few mintues before returning with a large cooler, this was another selling point for MegaBeri, the fact their boxes also doubled as a cooler. "Oooookay! This will come toooooo, 53 pokedollar!" The Vulpix said, Lunar handed over the requested amount of money and took the ice-cream, he somehow balanced it on his back and left the factory. The main reason this cost so much was number one; it's popular, number two; 10kg is a lot and number three; this is regarded as one of the best flavours in existence. The creation could be whatever flavour you wanted it to be. Nobody knows how they created it but they are all grateful, if you thought of pecha berries whilst eating it, it would taste like pecha. If you thought of orans, it would taste of orans, and so on. But that's not all, if you were eating it but didn't think of any flavours, it would be a sweet, smooth mix of every berry known! Crystal was sure to enjoy this. Now, he just needed to find one last thing. He ran back to Sugarcoat, all the while carefully balancing the tub of ice-cream on his back. After a flat 55 minute run, he re-entered his forest. He trotted back to his own house, he peeped through the windows and to his luck, the house was vacant. He opened the door and hid the ice-cream at the back of his freezer.

Crystal had left the house earlier after reassurance from Lunar's parents they would be fine, she met up with Jinx and Hypro. They decided to, once again, go to the cafe. There the spoke together about Crystal's upcoming birthday. Gem and Spark had gone out to have a look around the forest for a while and get lunch. They had a look in the accessory shop, berry shop, and more before deciding to dine at the forest's best restaurant. Le restaurant du sucrier, they got sat at a table next to the window, giving them a spectacular view of a secluded pond, thriving with fish pokemon. A Gardevoir walked over to them, "Good afternoon! What would you like to eat on this fine day?" He asked them, Spark quickly scanned over the menu, "I'd like to have the smoked magikarp fillet with a oran berry shake please," The waiter nodded,
"Certainly sir, and for you, madam?"
"Can I have the beef curry with an oran berry shake too please."
"Of course, I'll be back soon with your meals." He said before walking off.

Lunar quickly trotted over to his sister's house, he needed her help. "Lunar? What brings you here?" The Espeon asked, 
"It's Crystal's birthday in two days! I need to find her something, I noticed before you seem to have a lot of jewelry, so I thought... maybeeeee you could help me?" He asked in response. 
"Sure! I'd be happy to help!" She said as she stepped out of the door. Lunar and Ruby walked side by side back into the square before Ruby suggested something, "There are jewelry shops all over this place, I'll point them out to you and you go check those out while I look in the others, to save time." Lunar nodded, "Oh, what kind of jewelry are we looking for here?" Lunar gave her the description of the desired item and she nodded, "Okay, you check the right side, I'll look at the left side." Lunar nodded and trotted off to the right side, looking through windows and talking to assistants, much to his dismay the first few he checked had no trace of anything close to the gift he was searching for. He looked into the next shop and one caught his eye, however it was the wrong shape. He walked in and spoke to a Lucario, he asked her if they had the necklace in any other forms, the Lucario shook her head "I'm very sorry, we don't make them in any other shape, try G. Voir across the street, they may have some." Lunar thanked the assistant and continued his hunt. After a repetitive hour and a half of looking and talking to assistants, he decided to rendezvous with Ruby. She had the same luck as Lunar, she sadly shook her head and suggested they try tomorrow. Lunar nodded wearily and they turned back, the sun had begun to set as a familiar chill set in. Ruby and Lunar walked up to the centre of the forest and spoke a little, discussing what places they should check again, "Well, two shops do make the type of thing you're looking for but were out of stock. G. Voir and Resembles is where we should mainlu look, if not then we'd have to re choose or give up." Lunar agreed with her plan, they turned away and walked a little further, before a familiar male and even more familiar female voice loudly called;

"RUBY?!"

A/N  
Ooh a cliff hanger, how evil. >:) Do not fret though, all shall be revealed in 2-3 days time :)
In the mean time, maybe subscribe to my channel, or join my server, talk with me, make friends, even catch pokemon! It is quite a good server, if I do say so myself :D

Regardless, hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I did writing it, please rate and review, it's free and doesn't kill anyone so why would you not?

Date Published: 31st March 2020
Final Word Count: 1776 (shorter chapter than normal sorry but this is an ideal place to split the story)
Time taken to write: about maybe 3-4 hours?