Sensations

Around a week after Crystal's birthday, Lunar's parents had bid farewell to their dark type son, albeit with a lot of tears and exaggeration from Gem. Crystal liked their impressions, Gem was like a clingy over the top person, Spark just seems really cool and collected, like one that's older than you but you could still relate to. In fact, Crystal watched Spark trying to not laugh at his mates exaggerated goodbye to Lunar, she treated it like he was about to march into a world war. Spark knew he'd see him again so he wasn't too fussed about it, he gave a casual reply like they were friends.

Anyways, in this time, the duo had been gradually getting closer. They would often have long talks together. Go out into the forest alone for extended periods of time, if they can do it together and alone, they probably did it. It was during one of their extended walks in the forest where they had an unexpected, urgent search and rescue mission to execute.

Lunar walked by the side of Crystal, her chain dangling around her neck, Lunar's around his. They went out into another part of the forest they had not yet been to. They just enjoyed each other's presence and the calm, quiet and verdant surroundings, having close and long conversations. Lunar told Crystal to follow him, he'd seen a cliff not too far from where they were now. Crystal followed, albeit a little anxiously, after their recent encounter with a cliff.

Regardless, they climbed the cliff, it wasn't too high but it was relatively steep on one side. They sat safely in the edge and looked at the forest below, Crystal rest alongside him, wrapping her tail around his. She rested her head on his shoulder and absorbed the view, the sun was in the lower west area, it was a few hours before sunset and the sky was a nice, lively orange colour. They sat there for a while, getting into a deep conversation about their futures, what they think could happen and more specifically, what they wanted to happen.

Whilst Crystal was blind sentence, Lunar bolted upright, his ears flicked to the left and his eyes followed. Crystal was confused and looked up at the Umbreon. "You okay?" She asked softly, Lunar didn't reply for a second, he strained his ears as his royal blue eyes scanned the surroundings below, he kept that posture for another 30 seconds before relaxing. "Yeah... I thought... I heard something..." he replied, Crystal giggled softly and nuzzled his chest, "You're probably just tired," she said, Lunar shook his head
"I could've sworn-" he shit his head to the left again. He listened out again, this time, they both heard it, "HELP!!!" Someone called, they sounded really young, the voice came again "PLEASE! ANYONE!" Lunar looked over at Crystal who blushed out of embarrassment. "Perhaps we're both tired?"
"What're you going to do?"
"They sound like a child, I'm going to find out what's happening."
"But it took us 15 minutes to climb up here, how are we going to get back down in time?"
Lunar realised the flaw in his plan, but something stood out to him. He grinned, knowing Crystal would hate it, "Simple, we slide!" He said with a shrug of his shoulders, Crystal looked at him like he was insane, "D-Down there?" She asked, peering at the steep slant. Lunar grinned, "Well, I'm going down there regardless, you coming?"
"Hmmph. F-Fine."

Lunar and Crystal positioned themselves at the edge, Lunar saw Crystal was hesitating, he grinned slyly and gently slapped a paw on her back. She looked at him, "Lunar... I swear to god. If you push me I'm not cuddling with you for a week."
"I'm fine with that,"
"W-What? Lunar... what're you doing? Lunar!"
Lunar pushed her forward gently, and she started sliding down, Lunar followed suit shortly and laughed the whole way down, feeling the wind blow by his ears. Crystal on the other hand, what not happy... "LUNAR! I SWEAR TO GOD I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" She screamed at him.

They reached the ground in short time and both parties were fine, Lunar slid to a stop, still in a sitting position, mind you. Crystal slid to a stop in a scruffy pile. She raised her head and shot Lunar a death glare, to which he laughed playfully at her "You're cute when you're mad, you know that?" Crystal blushed and looked away, she got up and dusted herself off, "PLEASE!" The cries were getting desperate now, Lunar could tell from the voice they were young, maybe four years old. Lunar signalled to Crystal to stay low and keep quiet, they walked toward the cries and heard talking, there were 3 Mightyena, all surrounding an Eevee, the Eevee kit was trembling, with tears running down her cheeks, Lunar watched, the Eevee tried calling for help once more but her cries were cut short, a wolf drew his claws and scraped them across her cheek, drawing blood.