Search & Rescue

The three eons were about to leave Crystal's house to find Lunar, they were under prepared and clueless as to where Lunar may be. They left at 2300, it was a cold and dark night, Crystal was fine though, Jinx and Hypro were shaking. They headed down the same, rough path Lunar and Crystal had taken hours before, they walked past trees that developed an eerie setting. They neared a clearing where grass was littered with patches of red, "We're here." Crystal said, Jinx looked around, clearly disturbed by the surroundings. Hypro looked at the paw prints she saw that a single set of paw prints lay heading away from the scene, "They went this way." She said, Crystal came over and looked in the direction the prints led. "Looks like we're going this way then," Jinx walked over and Crystal began down the path, following the prints. She was worried, she didn't show it but she was terrified for Lunar, for reasons Jinx and Hypro knew not of yet. They continued walking straight for a solid ten minutes until the prints took a turn to the left, they continued following the paw prints until it lead them to a gate, they noticed the guards outside and took a detour, they decided to climb a tree and scout the settlement from above, they learned that there were lots of Mightyena out late, with others in their homes. Crystal took note of the guard huts around buildings, the biggest one had four guards securing the building, she assumed that must be the Leader's den, she noticed the guard hut outside of a cave dug into a cliff, she decided to check that out first as it was more isolated with less foot-traffic. They worked their way quietly into the village, they hugged the walls and stayed in the shadows. As they approached the cave they noticed the lack of a guard. Must be in the guard hut, Crystal thought "Okay, if the guard is in the guard hut, we have to be really quiet or we'll have a problem." She warned.

They walked up to the entrance and Crystal picked up Lunar's scent, he's here, she thought. They noticed the Mightyena lying on the floor, they had been poisoned. It gave Crystal a shiver, she ventured into the cave, leaving Jinx and Hypro to watch for her. She walked towards the back where Lunar's scent was strongest but, to her dismay, Lunar wasn't there. Crystal's ears flopped and she made her way back to the others. "He's not he-"
"Hey! Who are you!" Someone shouted, the three looked in their direction and saw a Mightyena standing ten yards away from them, the Mightyena looked at the guard on the floor. "What did you do to him?!" He asked,
"W-We didn't d-do anything!" Crystal stuttered, she began to get nervous. The Mightyena growled and charged at them, "RUN!" She shouted, the Sylveon took off immediately, with Hypro and Crystal in pursuit, "Move!" Jinx shouted to Hypro and Crystal, they split left a gap between them, Jinx shot a moonblast at the ground, creating a cloud of dirt. This gave them a window of opportunity to escape, they jumped on a roof and over the walls. They darted into the cover of the forest, and pelted through the trees, determined to put as much distance between them and the Mightyena village.

At 0300, they returned to the centre of Sugarcoat, all of them were exhausted and their legs burnt like hell. They decided to rest and continue tomorrow.

Meanwhile, at Ruby's den, she was, once again, tending to Lunar. Am I like his nurse or something? If I hadn't found him before, he would've died ages ago. Clumsy Umbreon. She thought, these wounds weren't too extreme surprisingly, he fainted from exhaustion mostly, but a few wounds were created and some were re-opened. She stitched them back up and let him rest. Ruby stripped herself of her gear and suit, placing them in a drawer. She walked back to Lunar and saw him in 'Invertex' she left him to it and went to make some food. She decided to make some French Toast, she got some eggs, bread and a frying pan. She whisked the eggs and coated slices of bread with it. Then she friend them until they were a nice and crispy, golden brown. She put some bacon slices in the oven for a while whilst she cooked some more bread. Once they were finished, she put three slices each on a plate and took the bacon out of the oven, most people she knew fried the bacon, but it's crispier and healthier to cook them in an oven for ten minutes or so, although the healthiness wasn't really effective with this meal, considering they were eating deep fried bread. To finish it off she sprinkled some icing sugar on top. She walked back and noticed Lunar had woken up, he looked at his sister and spoke "What happened?" she shrugged and put the plate of food in front of him "Thank you," Ruby sat down next to him,
"You're welcome, I heard rumors that an Umbreon and a Glaceon got attacked and the Umbreon got captured by a pack of Mightyena, I assumed it was you and you're lucky I know pokemon in that clan. Once I heard the news I got ready and went searching for you, it wasn't that hard as I knew someone there, I asked them if you were there and they said they knew you were captured and where you were. I thanked them and sedated them the-" 
"What's sedated?" Lunar interupted
"Sedated means I put them to sleep or knocked them out, I used some needles strapped to my fore-paws laced with a sedative." Lunar nodded and Ruby continued, "Anyways, then I followed their directions into a cave where your scent was strong, the cave was guarded by one Mightyena but I poisoned him and knocked him out. Then I found you lying there, asleep with a few wounds on your body. So I took you back here where I fixed you up, you'd also spent the past hour or so in Invertex." She finished and began to eat her food. 
"Wow... You're like my guardian angel! I would've died ages ago if it weren't for you!" Lunar said and he hugged the Espeon "Thank you! I'm just looking out for you, you'd do the same for me right?" The Umbreon released his grip and spoke,
"Of course! You've helped me out so much lately it'd be horrible if I didn't do the same for you." 

A/N

Wagwan people, this chapter is short i know but im going to release the next one in a few hours, i would put them together like i usually do but this one is telling 2 stories and i think telling 3 different stories from 3 different perspectives would be very confusing, anyways i hope you enjoyed! :3

Date Published: 26/02/20

Final word count: 1177

Time taken to write: about 2hrs total with re-writes