Dead Eeveelution Walking

"RUBY!?"

Lunar looked toward Ruby, she was pale. She looked back at him, her pupils were tiny, eyes wide. She turned around to face the elder Espeon and Jolteon. "Mum?" She asked, albeit nervously, the elder Espeon began to tear up and slowly walked over to her 'dead' daughter.

"I- You... You're dead!" She said, Ruby dipped her head, "No, I ran away... I never died, I never had an accident..." she admitted, Gem held her daughter in a tight hug, tears free falling from her lavender cheeks. "But why? Why did you leave? We mourned you..." Gem asked. Ruby sighed, "I wanted to start over, at that time I truly hated myself, I wanted an escape from my current life, and I saw an opportunity fall into place and I took it in a heartbeat. I wanted to leave my past behind and turn a new leaf." She said, on the brink of tears too. Spark walked over and hugged Ruby too, "What happened that made you want to leave?"

"I just hated myself, I had a bad reputation with everyone else, people spread rumours and I ended up losing friends and becoming an outlaw, I never had the guts to tell anyone so I took the easy way out. I- I'm sorry," She said, tears now streaming down her face, Lunar stood there awkwardly, whilst his sister, mother and father were in a group hug. Ruby suggested something, "I live around here, do you want to come over mine and we can maybe catch up?" Gem and Spark nodded at the proposal and followed Ruby with Lunar in tow.

They all walked toward Ruby's house, an awkward aura followed them on their way. No one spoke, mostly because they didn't know what to speak about, thankfully, Ruby's house came into view. They approached the building and Ruby let them in. "Take a seat I'll be back in a sec, you guys want a drink or some food?"
They all shook their heads, Ruby nodded and left for the kitchen, "Why didn't you tell us?"
Lunar's eyes shot toward his mother, she was waiting for an answer, "I- I don't know, I thought she didn't want you to know. I mean, if it wasn't for my stupidity, I wouldn't even know she was alive, let alone here!" Gem nodded, and Ruby walked back in, with a cup of pecha juice. "So, what do you want to know first?"

They spent the rest of the evening catching up together, Ruby told them the antics of her life in Sugarcoat, she did leave out a few stories, those were for Lunar to tell if need be.

The sun began to set as the moon rose for its turn, the sky gradually became a deep navy blue, stars began to become visible as the moon arose to full mast.

After spending the day with Jinx and Hypro, Crystal decided to go back to her own home, she walked toward her house, alone. It felt weird without her Dark-Type mate next to her, but she accepted that he couldn't be with her every spare second, as much as she wished. She approached her house and went inside. She went to the kitchen and smacked on a few Pechas before heading to bed. She laid down and thought about Lunar, wondering what he was doing right now, then it hit her. It's my birthday tomorrow!

Crystal began to get excited at the thought of tomorrow, wondering what presents she'd get. She pondered a little longer before allowing sleep to enclose her.

Lunar left Ruby, Gem and Spark at her house, he wanted to go home so he could sleep to wake up early and resume his search. He walked back toward his house, admiring the night. He wondered what Crystal was doing now, he felt shy without her, he'd gotten used to her being next to him all the time. He missed her icy warmth and her unique, suggestive personality.

As he approached his house, he concluded his thoughts and opened the door, he walked toward the shower and turned it on. After, he decided to go to bed, his slipped into the crisp sheets, they had a familiar scent of Crystal, reminding him of his task to complete.

As the night came to an end, the day began. The moon began to slowly retreat over the horizon as the sun rose into the sky, enlightening the deep blue to transform it into a light, baby blue. Lunar woke rather early, it was 6AM. He climbed out of bed and took another shower. Next, he walked downstairs to have a quick breakfast of 4 Cheri berries and some water. He quickly left the house, shutting the door quietly as he heard his parents returning late after their meet-up with Ruby. Speaking of which, Lunar headed toward the square to resume their jewellery hunt. He waited for a few minutes before recognising the young, slim body of his psychic sister. "Hey, Ruby," he called, "Morning, Lunar. So, shall we take the same shops as yesterday?" She asked, Lunar nodded and peeled off the check the shops again.

Meanwhile, Crystal has begun to stir, she yawned and grinned, remembering today was her special day, she wanted to spend the whole day with her friends and Lunar. She got out of bed and walked toward the shower, she turned it on and let the lukewarm water fall on her. After she cleaned herself, she went downstairs, toward her kitchen to get herself some breakfast, she opened a cupboard and took out a bowl, she filled it with and assortment of berries, she count decide so why not a mixture of all?

She sat at her table and chewed on her berries, she wondered what would happen today, and what presents she'd get. She wondered when her friends would arrive, she was snapped out of her thoughts by a knock on the door, she got up and walked toward the door, opening it. It revealed a familiar Sylveon and Vaporeon both donning a wide grin "HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRYSTAL!" Hypro screamed, Crystal giggled and beckoned them inside, "Happy Birthday Crystal," Jinx said, substantially quieter than their watery friend. They came in and sat together at the table, "Let's wait until Lunar gets here to open your presents," Jinx suggested, Crystal agreed and they began to converse.

Lunar had little luck with the jewellery stores, he noticed that it was nearly 10AM, he sighed and walked into the fifth store, hoping they would have the stock he needed.
Ruby had roundabout the same luck as her brother, she had no luck so far but continued checking through the shops.

Crystal, Hypro and Jinx were still sat around the table, awaiting their Umbreon friend, Crystal looked at the time and realised it was slowly creeping toward 11AM now, "How about, we go down to the café, we could leave Lunar a note telling him where to find us when he turns up," Crystal suggested, Hypro and Jinx liked the sound of that. So, after writing Lunar a quick note, they left the building, heading toward the centre of the forest. They reached the plaza soon and were in no rush, so they looked through some shop windows, and jewellery stores, hoping something might catch their eye.

Lunar realised the time was now half past eleven, this had taken way longer than he wanted it to, he hoped Crystal wouldn't be too mad at him. He walked out of the final jewellery store and, to his dismay, he came out empty handed, he walked over to a bench and sat down, hoping his sister had more luck than him.

Crystal could sworn she saw an Umbreon with blue eyes walking around, but she lost sight of him when a crowd walked past her. She dismissed the thought for now and continued looking through some windows.

Lunar sighed, he felt disappointed, he had such a good gift to give her, but he couldn't find it. He sat there patiently waiting for his sisters arrival, he wondered when she'd g-
"LUNAR!" He turned his head to see Ruby charging at him with a wide grin.

Crystal looked over to the bench, she saw an Umbreon with blue eyes, who was confirmed to be Lunar from the Espeon's call, she was stood behind him, but from a distance. The Espeon walked over to him, it looked like she gave him something but she couldn't tell, she walked to the left a little to get a side on view.

Her heart dropped, her ears drooped and her eyes began to tear up at the sight... In front of her, was Lunar, talking with a female Espeon, in his hand, was a box. Like one that would contain a ring, he opened the lid and showed it to her. He said something that Crystal couldn't make out, but she guessed what he said. The Espeon said 'Yes' and nodded her head vigorously. Lunar pulled her into a tight hug.

Crystal felt heartbroken, she felt betrayed and worthless... Was she not good enough? She wanted to disappear right there, she fell to the floor, head in arms. Tears falling from her eyes, she couldn't believe what she just saw. She couldn't believe what just happened.

On her birthday...