-Ditched for Dad-

Y/n's P.O.V

We're all sticking to ourselves, Peter and Gamora talk with Ego, if that's even his name, as the rest of us are searching for some firewood. I scramble up a tree, far enough yet close enough that I could see them. I squint, looking at Ego,

"Hey, you okay Fluff..?" My ear twitches as I hear Rocket climb up the tree,

"Mmmhm." I mumble, as I glare at the newest 'addition to Peter's life.

-Time skip to that Evening-

We're all sitting around a fire, the group is listening to Ego tell Peter about his mother, Peter's heritage, and everything he felt when Peter wasn't 'delivered'. Ego gets up to use the latrine, and Gamora and Peter go for a walk, as they start walking away I curl up, on the ground by Rocket's feet. I close my eyes and what I feel like is too soon, I feel someone touch my back. I open my eyes, turning as I snarl, ready to bite, I hear a scream, and laughing, as I feel Rocket's arms wrapping around my midsection. When I focus on what's happening Mantis is freaking out holding her hand, and Drax is busting out laughing.

"That is called.. a practical joke." Mantis seems to calm down, and starts nervously laughing,

"I liked it very much.." Mantis seems to laugh too forced.

"I just made it up.." I look from them, like "You're idiots" to Rocket, he shrugs, and lets me go. I huff, and make my way to the ship,

"I'm going to bed.." I state to no one in particular.

-The next morning-

"You're leaving me with the foxes?!" Nebula yells, and I look at her,

"We're not foxes. At least I'm not.." I side glance at Rocket, with a small smirk, and see him roll his eyes, and flick his tail, a sign that he's embarrassed. I smile to myself and look at Gamora, who's talking to Groot.

"Hey.. It'll be just a couple of days. We'll be back before Rocket's finished fixing the ship." She leaves, and Groot turns, waving to her, my heart cried a little, as I walked over to his side. I turn, hearing Rocket talking to Peter,

"Hope daddy isn't as big of a dick as you..Orphan boy." I stare, shocked, as Peter answers.

"What is your goal here? To get everybody here to hate you, because it's workin'." I cough a little, and Peter looks at me,

"Everyone except for her..." I nod, and watch him walk away, my anxiety taking hold. I internally freak out as Peter, Drax, and Gamora walk, and get into Ego's ship, leaving us. I feel my tears start, as I realize this is my first time being away from Peter, in who knows how long. I sit on the back ramp of the ship, tears silently falling, as I see the ship exit the atmosphere, I feel something touch my shoulder, and see Groot sitting on my shoulder, he nuzzles into my cheek, and I smile, and nuzzle back a little. I stand up, wiping my face, I take a few breaths and turn, helping in anyway that I can to fix the ship.

-Later that night-

Rocket, and I are, trying to finish the ship, the wind blows through the ship, and I stop working to take a smell of the air, feeling something off.

"Rocket." I whisper as I look out into the woods, he doesn't seem to hear me.

"Rocket." I turn, hissing at him, he looks to me.

"What's up, Fluff?" I turn back to the forest, and silently listen, as Rocket comes to my side, a hand coming to rest on my shoulder.

"Do you smell it Hun?" I see him nod, just barely,

"It's Yondue.." I turn to Groot,

"Sweetheart, stay here, Rocket and I have to protect the ship. Stay. Here. Okay?" Groot replies with a nod and a small,