📠intro📠

            an exhaled breath came out from the hold of a breath, a turn of a doorknob, and the opening of the door

            an exhaled breath came out from the hold of a breath, a turn of a doorknob, and the opening of the door. the steps were slow, intricate, and deliberately done. with eyelids closed, the closer the top of the stairs approached. i pursed my lips—and opened my eyes. there at the bottom of the stairs he stood. clad with a navy pin-striped, fitted suit. a single white rose in his hands. a lump the size of an orange was stuck at the back of my throat, making it hard to breath.

what would he say the moment he was to find out? would he see me the same as before? my intentions were never for him and me to ever cross paths, let alone for me to develop any kind of feelings for him. i was not the master of this grand place i no longer wanted to be part of.

a smile spread out on his handsome features, a breathtaking one that made his eyes brighten and him look his true youthful self. his hair fell above his brows—clearly growing more than he usually would have his hair be, curling at the tips as the rest was tussled with wavy textures. dark, his hair, his eyes—alluring and i was a fool to have thought his charm would have never gotten my walls down.

slowly i stepped down, the squeal of my excited mother and the proud smirk of my father crossing through my peripheral as i couldn't keep my stare away from his. his tie a rouge maroon, perfect match to my dress. a long, strait-laced maroon dress, off the shoulder sleeves. the dress fell effortlessly over my curves without being too tight and just enough cleavage to keep them guessing. my hair in loose waves, falling past my waist. he was intrigued—his eyes not hiding that he liked what he saw.

with the pace of a sauntering bride, somehow, i made it in front of him. my mother handing me the boutonniere as he took my hand in his—having given my mother the white rose. with a tender touch he slid the corsage onto my wrist, smoothly lifting my hand up to meet his lips. it earned a blush from my cheeks the moment his lips touched the back of my hand, a playful smirk and seductive glint in his eyes. i quickly took my hand back, stepping closer to secure his boutonniere on his lapel.

"are you ready, miss park?"

"just have her home before midnight, have fun darling but first a quick picture, please?"

he chuckled as i grimaced and reluctantly nodded to my mother—fully ignoring his teasing question as he used my last name like he always did. we stood by each other, a good amount of space between us until i felt his arm snake around my waist and pull me closer. a small gasp escaped my lips when he did. his brilliant smile never once betraying his confidence as i faced my mother with a smile, i hoped did not look too forced.

this night would be too long of a night. it had to be done. i had to tell him regardless of knowing this would kill anything in our budding relationship. i was too young for this—this kind of seriousness i felt for him. the intensity that came with a simple thought of his name, a turn of the corner of his lips, a look in the eyes. emotions that should only be reserved for those older and wiser—none deceiving with a relationship based on truths.

"i'll have her back by midnight, mr. park. don't worry."

gently, smoothly, he took my hand in his as i waved goodbye to my parents. my proud mother giving me a thumbs up. small faces peeking out and i could make out my younger sisters. he saw it, my humbled home, and surroundings. did his thoughts about me already start to change? was i a disgrace for him and his high class?

"hey, you look beautiful." his sudden words surprising me as i looked at him curiously. was I truly beautiful as he said? "you really do."

danger was not his middle name. danger was who he was, it was inbred in him and i knew how dangerous he was when he pulled me closer by my hips, my hands landing on his shoulders with his ever-growing smirk wider and bigger than i had ever seen in the space of time we became acquainted. his breath fanned my face—a quick shift to my lips, a dart of a tongue and a gulp creating a bob of his adam's apple.

"you're dangerous, park sooyoung. much too dangerous."

the space was closed, and i couldn't help but think how this was the first and last blissful moment of the night. for me, kim taehyung was too dangerous and this kiss—may have stolen my will, power, and soul.

park sooyoung (joy)

park sooyoung (joy)

kim taehyung (v)