xv

playlist: circles — post malone

        Was there a way to just stop time? I wanted time to stop

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

        Was there a way to just stop time? I wanted time to stop.

For the past three weeks, I felt like things would be okay. I kept spending all the time I could with Sooyoung. It was more out of fear than anything else. I couldn't be calm with the threat Sungjae gave me. He was going to tell her. The first chance he would get, he would tell her about how I only approached her due to a bet. I didn't want that. No matter how hard I tried, there was never a good time to bring up the subject. I had dropped hints here and there, always telling her that what I felt for her was real and true. Her smile was my only reassurance. I also did not want to think about that at that moment. I breathed, feeling anxious. I was going to meet her parents.

I managed to get her to agree to let me pick her up. I just remembered her words to me, which I found adorable of her. "Okay, just don't be too surprised." When she said that, I just wanted to tell her that I already knew she wasn't like us. I found her actions endearing and cute. I didn't know what was supposed to surprise me, she thought too lowly of herself. I should have told her that night when she had dinner with my family but that night, I was confused about something I wanted to ask her. Breeching that subject though, could make it seem like I was suspecting her and didn't trust her. Before the night was over, I wanted to tell her how it all started and how I backed out because I had eaten my own words. I had fallen for her. I was smitten by her. I was literally under her spell. I was in love with Park Sooyoung and did not want to lose her.

One more breath in, I opened the car door and got out. I held a bouquet of flowers for her mother, a single white rose for her. I was hoping she would know that the white rose symbolized how pure my feelings for her were. Wow, when did I stop trying to seduce the opposite sex and become this almost innocent person? I knew when. The more I got to know her.

I rang her bell, waiting as I was allowed inside the gate and walked up the small path to the door where I saw her father standing. I tried to smile. He looked intimidating and honestly, this was the first time I ever met the father of a girl I was interested in. I didn't care to impress Jennie's father or anyone else's. Mr. Park though, I wanted to be on his good side. The pretty woman beside him, I could tell was her mother. She resembled both, in a sense. Her mother had a sweet, gummy smile, and I knew where Sooyoung got hers from.

"You must be Kim Taehyung; I've heard a bit about you from my wife."

I tittered, bowing, and handing the bouquet to Mrs. Park. "These are for you, ummm, thank you for allowing your daughter to be my date."

"Like we could stop it. Our Sooyoung really likes you and you're a lot more charming than I thought. More handsome in person too. Come in, Youngie is almost done."

Youngie? Was that her nickname? It was cute. I walked in, still seeing how her father looked me up and down before tapping my shoulder. "Relax son, so far you seem like a good person."