iv

playlist: friends — marshmello & anne-marie

          She was avoiding me. The moment we entered, and our coats were taken, she took her opportunity and ran away from me. It made me chuckle. I could see her and every time we made eye contact; she would hurriedly look away—running away although my eyes followed her. She stood out. No matter how hard she tried to hide, she stood out.

It wasn't just her white dress or lost facial expression. It was just her. The moment we walked in, everyone turned to her. She was new. She was beautiful and captivating.

"You're staring, again."

I merely shrugged. Jimin found me as soon as Sooyoung slipped from my grasps. Sungjae wasn't happy considering his parents noticed her coming in without him. I wasn't to blame. His parents were there before we even arrived, and I couldn't hold Sooyoung back against her will. Something told me if I did—I would have been physically hurt.

"Well," I grinned towards Jimin, "can you blame me?"

"She is beautiful, I give you that, but she doesn't look like she belongs here."

She didn't. She wasn't one of us and in a sense, it made me like her even more. "She's the Yook's scholarship recipient."

"How do you know all of this?" Jimin gave me a side glance before chuckling. "Sungjae, he ended up asking you? You really like playing with fire, don't you? What will you get?"

"His car."

"No shit! He's gonna give you, his car?"

I smiled and nodded. Sungjae thought he had the upper hand but in reality, I did. "Yep, and all I have to do is get her to fall for me."

"It doesn't look like you're succeeding." Jimin pointed out and I scowled. I knew. I knew damn well I wasn't succeeding.

Before I could answer I caught sight of her again. Sungjae was going up to her, an annoyed look on his face. I smelt trouble when Sooyoung had done nothing. I placed my cup of sparkling cider down, turning to Jimin. "I have to go."

"Why?"

I wasn't sure how to tell him that I didn't want Sungjae to chastise her for no reason other than she was exactly where she was supposed to be. But I guess his parents got mad at the fact he was spending time with Sohyun instead of Sooyoung. I turned to give an excuse when the perfect excuse came in through the double doors. Kang Seulgi had walked in, in a short black dress that hugged her slim figure.