xi

playlist: disappear — hoobastank

          "You haven't told me about school or boys for some time now

          "You haven't told me about school or boys for some time now. The last thing you mentioned was how you thought the son of the Yook's was cute and I haven't seen Rowoon around."

I was sitting on my bed, reading when my mother came in. She brought up some fruit. It was a Saturday, again. I had a party I had been invited to by Irene. She wanted to get to know me more and found me cute. I think that was what she meant by being intrigued and amused. I would meet up with them at a salon to get ready. I declined rides from everyone, just like I had with Taehyung.

An entire week had passed. New gossip from the column made my story a thing of the past. Hook-ups here and there. Some underage drinking. One of them being caught cheating by buying the answer key from the class president. No one, maybe Hayoung who was still not speaking to me, batted an eye when I was close to Taehyung again. Rowoon had asked in class if I was dating him, and I said no. I also said it didn't matter if I was, but I didn't move on from boyfriend to boyfriend so quickly. Taehyung and I were simply going back to being friends—that is if friends periodically kiss. Too often than not, I would find myself with Taehyung in a secluded classroom where we would just kiss. Well, he would drag me there since he seemed to know the school a lot better than I did.

"The chemistry lab?"

"Why not? It's empty and we have chemistry."

He was cheesy but cute. He was really cute in the most endearing way. His friends would tease him about how obvious he was about liking me. No one in his group of friends questioned it. All they questioned was when we would become official. The looks Jimin would send me, I knew that he knew about mine and Taehyung's extracurricular activity.

I placed my book down and looked at my mother who sat at the foot of my bed. "I don't like him. He's a jerk and a player."

"That's a shame, yet not. I did hear rumors."

"Rowoon, you won't see him much. We kind of dated for a month or so."

"Sooyoung!"

"But we broke up because I kind of like someone else. It's okay. Instead of thinking about it and the future of our relationship, he let another girl kiss him. He's still my friend, since I liked someone more than I liked him. I can't say I was the best of girlfriends."

"You still didn't tell me you had a boyfriend. Anyway, who is this boy you like now?"

I felt myself smiling as I thought back to Taehyung. "His name is Kim Taehyung. We started off on the wrong foot. He was overly flirty but over time, he was sweet and caring. He's attentive when I speak. He's pretty sensitive and really kind. The school sees him as this bad boy and he is hot so he kind of works that angle, however he's just a big softy that loves animals, children, and strawberries."