vi

playlist: on bts

        "Here, you probably shouldn't study so much without a break

        "Here, you probably shouldn't study so much without a break." 

I managed to roll my eyes without lifting my head, smiling at V's sweet gesture. Did I say V? I meant to say Taehyung. If I called him V to his face, he would whine and pout. It was odd really. A solid month had passed since I was pretty much accepted into his group of friends. No one questioned it and the only person who had a problem with it was Sungjae. That was fine by me. I liked seeing him look annoyed and bothered every time one of his friends called me over to sit by them. 

"Thank you, Taehyung." I mumbled, taking the refresher. 

Taehyung smiled, sliding his seat over to sit beside me—a little too close for comfort. I made to move but he dragged my seat back to him with his stupid smile that would always make me swoon. I did. I stopped fighting him and just let him see what I was studying. I had a test tomorrow. 

"Philosophy?" I nodded, no longer intrigued by my studies but by his pretty face. "You know," he turned to look at me as I hurriedly looked away. "I didn't think it was really possible for girls to be smart and pretty. Most the girls I know care a little too much on looks, they let their grades slip. But you, you still manage to be this beautiful girl and smart." 

"Flattery won't get you anywhere." I mumbled. 

For being friends, we were walking a very fine line. He sat too close to me. He called me pretty, all the time. If he was making me fall for him, it was working because he was making me swoon every damn day. As a cherry on top, he didn't even seem like a player. He seemed genuine and maybe I was dumb enough to be falling for his act. But I was determined to keep that line not crossed. I needed him for the column and so far, we had gotten some big scoop on Jennie who was still suffering from it. Yet, it was her fault. Her fault for making out with a college student, Kim Jongin at the party Sungjae threw the week before. I only went because Seunghee and Seolhyun insisted I went. 

"Hey Soo," I hummed, having gone back to studying and trying to ignore the fact Taehyung was playing with my left hand as I used my right. "It's not true, is it? About you and that kid?" 

Ah, Rowoon. 

I only had Jaehyun to blame. We were running low on information. The only new thing that came out was the fact that Jimin met up with Seulgi and Jeongyeon then proceeded to torment Seulgi at a work party that involved all three of their families. A plus of knowing this came with the fact Yeri took a liking to me. Lisa's reputation as being in the clique went downhill. Bambam still talked to her but that was because they were childhood friends. It strained his friendship with JK. Yeri and JK seemed connected at the hip, but something told me, someone was going to get revenge on Yeri and they were going to use JK to do that. It made me sad, I found them rather adorable together. 

Regardless, Jaehyun wanted a little more drama to spice things up. He posted a picture of me and Rowoon, walking home together since we lived in the same general direction. I had dropped something, and he noted my shoe was untied. Like any k-drama cliché, he tied my shoelace and Jaehyun snapped a picture. Soon the following week it was plastered over the column and rumors started to swirl about Rowoon and I. I knew they would reach Taehyung. I was amazed it took him a week before asking.