xiii

playlist: savage garden  truly madly deeply

playlist: savage garden — truly madly deeply

        Nothing could ruin my mood. Nothing. I was perfectly content, smiling to myself as I looked over the messages that I had been sending and receiving from Sooyoung. I took a liking to teasing her and started to call her Miss Park since we were at the Han River. I knew it made her look at me sternly. I enjoyed that look on her face though. It was usually followed by one of her smiles. I felt closer to her. So much closer and comfortable. Our time at the aquarium, it was needed.

Sooyoung, I could tell something was bothering her and I knew Hayoung had something to do with it. Every time she would be around, Sooyoung seemed as if her energy was being taken from her. The gossip columns were still up. Annoyingly enough, they were still finding information on us. I think the latest news that had everyone talking was that Rowoon was at a party and drank. Apparently, it isn't like him. That alone was not enough to get him in the column. It was the fact that in his drunken state he and Seolhyun somehow found themselves making out. For Seolhyun, it wasn't something big. For Rowoon, it was because he has a girlfriend who proceeded to dump her soup over Seolhyun's head at lunch and calling her a skank.

Finally, something the school had to look forward to that wasn't just news about how cute Sooyoung and I were. I agreed though. Even if the moments I shared with Sooyoung were made public, reading, and seeing how the female population would react, made me proud. Albeit it was only with Sooyoung.

She was still a target of some jealous acts. Two days ago, someone tried to "accidentally" throw mop water in her direction. I saw what was going on. Last second, I yanked Sooyoung back into my embrace. The dirty mop water ended up soaking a teacher. The students were given detention. A few hours ago, a girl seemed to purposely slip, on wet floor although there was a sign. She looked at me as she tried to balance. I was walking past and kept walking once she fell. Did she think I was some knight in shining armor?

"Wow, you're even smiling to yourself when you're not even dating her."

I had forgotten that the rooftop was a favorite place to hang out for Sungjae. My smile fell as I side glanced him. He was being overly irritating. Not just with me but with Sooyoung. He would bother her all the time. He seemed to be her own kind of stalker with the excuse that his parents just wanted him to relay a message. Sooyoung managed to always shut down his advances with her reply. "Funny, there's this thing called a phone and your mother does send these things called text messages."

"I don't recall asking for the spawn of Satan to join me." I replied, my mood ruined.

"I heard you were pathetic enough to ask her to be your date to prom way before anyone was asking. Desperate? Afraid she would have said yes to someone else?"

"I heard you're pathetic enough to keep telling her that I would leave her once I find out her financial status. Funny, I knew from the start and I'm still here."