xiv

playlist: blinding lights — the weeknd

        Nervous was an understatement. I was more than nervous. I was starting to break out in sweat. Yerim was giving me a sweet smile, saying how I just needed to calm down. I didn't know how to be calm. She ushered me into her home, having come from the salon that did my hair and makeup, along with picking out the white, two-piece floral and billowy dress. For the last three days, the school was informed about how Taehyung and I were now officially a couple. It didn't change much on how he treated me. The only thing that changed was how he would walk me to class, pick me up from class, and hold my hand as we walked together. We were envied by every girl. I tried to not let it bother me. His friends treated us the same, Rowoon seemed supportive too.

What did bother me, was how the column had released some things that Taehyung had said when we were alone. I was confused on how they even knew those things. It wasn't bad, it was just him teasing and me giggling at how he was dead set on making sure no one hurt me. It was a joke, but the general school took it as real. The general school also thought I had given up my v card due to more information I was so confused on them finding. I was starting to get paranoid. His words had been said while we were sitting on a bench after hiking up part of a mountain, nothing but us and the tress surrounding us. And yet, there was an "informant" but that was all I got to read, Taehyung took the rest from my grasp before I could finish.

"Don't worry, if someone thinks of hurting you, I'll make sure they get punished."

"Tae!"

"I'm kidding ... but not. You're too precious to be hurt, Miss Park. I'm serious, if anyone hurts you, let me know. I'll find a way to make sure they never do it again."

I think the overall conversation was fine but to say things that were not true—what was going on? I had confronted Doyoung and Jaehyun. Both admitted to not have written anything. The paper was being read for other things as well, now. They each had their own column to worry about. Hayoung had taken the responsibility of the gossip column. Since I was not talking to her, I had no way of knowing how she had found out such information and what else she may know or why she said I had slept with Taehyung, or more like alluded to it. How would it have been possible when we were at a park? I didn't have time to worry about that though. I was a nervous wreck in meeting Taehyung's father for the first time.

I was twiddling my thumbs when I walked in, following Yerim. Taehyung had been sitting on the steps to the staircase, playing with his phone. He looked up when we got closer. I saw his face break into a smile once he saw me, standing up and walking up towards me. I think he could tell I was nervous when he took a hold of my clammy hand.

"You look beautiful, like always Miss Park. Also, don't worry too much. They can smell fear."

His joke was not appreciated as he led me towards where I figured the dining room was. I groaned, shoving him as he laughed at his remark. Taehyung only kept smiling, as if enjoying my dilemma and nerves. I would have been more irritated with his mocking if I had not already met his mother who stood once we walked in.