vii

playlist: 와플 #hashtag — jonghyun

        "I can't believe it, he kissed you?"

I quickly covered Hayoung's mouth as we were in the editing room alone. I needed to tell someone. I couldn't sleep that entire weekend and luckily, I needed to be in school early to add to the column. I had tossed and turned. Taehyung had kissed me, and I had liked it. I had liked it a lot and had a very hard time trying to stop it. I did when I remembered Rowoon's face when I agreed to be his girlfriend. He had smile so brightly at me. I agreed for two reasons. 1: he was attractive, and I was attracted to him, plus he was my friend. 2: I needed a distraction and reminder of keeping a barrier between Taehyung and me.

"It was wrong! Don't talk about it."

"How is it wrong? Kim freaking Taehyung kissed you. The picky boy. The boy who was seen as unattainable, kissed you!"

Hayoung was right. I turned to her, having typed out the last paragraph and about to have her look over it. My face had a worried and curious look. "Do you think, someone told him to? I mean, it makes no sense. Him kissing me. Why? I'm nowhere near as beautiful as Bae Joohyun and I'm not rich. Also, they let me into their circle of friends a little too fast."

"Joy, stop. Don't question it. We need you in that circle to get things like this. Like, damn, Sungjae and Miss Kwon? Jennie and Jongin, again. This Hanbin kid sending Yeri a love letter? We wouldn't know this without out."

"Still, don't mention it and don't even think about putting it in the column. No one was there, only you know."

"I don't understand why you're so against it. It's not like you're dating someone."

I had moved so that Hayoung could edit what I wrote. I bit my lip, clasping my hands together as she read. I knew once she got to the last paragraph, she would yell out what she read. Hayoung was predictable in that sense that she was loud when she found out something new and unexpected. I focused on the clicking. Her clicking to edit some things I may have misspelled or grammatical issues. There weren't many and then I waited, waited as I thought back to how Yerim texted me this morning.

Tae told me you're dating Rowoon? Damn girl!

"Joy you're dating Rowoon?!"

And there it was. The bomb that was dropped as I sheepishly nodded, and she squealed. How to tell her, I felt bad because I like Rowoon and yet I know I like Taehyung too.