xii

playlist: who waits for love — shinee

        "Park Sooyoung, you honestly think I wouldn't know that you know something? Just tell me and I'll leave you alone

        "Park Sooyoung, you honestly think I wouldn't know that you know something? Just tell me and I'll leave you alone. I know you have information on them. Stop protecting people who will turn their backs on you the moment they find out!"

I could hear the angry voice speaking. Since the time at the Han River, things were relatively calm. My father was complying with the police in the investigation and luckily, it wasn't anything he had done but one of the new business partners from Ulsan, had done. I was glad to hear it but still stressed. If anyone were to find out, it could ruin the reputation of our family's business. My father never saw a background check, the man just offered a large sum, and he took it. On his behalf, that was where he went wrong.

When I said everything was relatively calm, I also meant in school. It seemed the gossip column couldn't find any more dirt on us. We all started to be more cautious about what we did and who we did those things with. Yerim and Jungkook learned their lesson that if they wanted to be sexually active, to not do it in school. It took them getting caught backstage in one of the dressing rooms, for it to be printed and blasted for the whole school to know, be called into the principal's office, and grounded from seeing each other for at least two weeks, for them to learn. As it were, their two weeks was coming up soon. My parents had been very serious about keeping her away from Jungkook. My mother—although not a prude—thought that Yerim was still a saint and very much a virgin. This news nearly made her faint and then put the blame on Jungkook for defiling their precious daughter. I guffawed at that, saying how in a sense Yerim was the one that always snuck Jungkook into her room. Either way, she had a bodyguard and that made her even more embarrassed and in no way, able to see Jungkook.

It gave her time to spend with the girls though and that included Sooyoung. We weren't together. I was still trying not to push her and that also meant stopping myself from just kissing her whenever I wanted to. I wanted to ask her to be my girlfriend at the dance. I think that would be enough time for her to feel like she isn't just jumping into my arms after her break-up.

However, I was standing outside the nurse's office for a reason. Yerim had seen Sooyoung be a victim of a targeted, sort of attack. She was tripped from the top of the stairs. Nothing too serious, luckily since I almost had a heart attack when I heard. She did end up with a cut on her shin and a sprained ankle. It was then Yerim learned, Sooyoung is queasy to blood because at the sight of her own blood, she fainted. Jimin also happened to be there and carried her to the nurse's office. I was across the campus, getting out of my own class, when it occurred. Yerim did tell me, she saw who it had been, Hayoung. A girl I didn't know but had supposedly been Sooyoung's friend. A small search on social media, let me know how she looked like. That was who was currently—almost yelling—at Sooyoung.

I cleared my throat, opening the sliding door rather harshly. I saw Hayoung jump and how it looked like Sooyoung had been crying. My eyes lowered. "I'm sorry, who are you?"