ii

playlist: wow btob

            "I really can't wait until this weekend

            "I really can't wait until this weekend. You won't be able to stop running from me and accept the fact we'll end up together no matter how much to complain."

I closed my eyes, only so I could roll them. Jennie's voice was irritating me. To me, her voice was similar to that of nails on a chalkboard. Screechy and making your ears hurt. When I opened my eyes, I faced her, stoic as ever because any kind of reaction made her happy. No reaction made her angry and her being angry always resulted in her leaving me the hell alone. She was smiling at me, this cute smile that made her cheeks puff up and look chubby. Jennie was pretty, she was rather beautiful in her own alluring way. It was just her damn attitude and mouth that made me want to physically harm her so she would disappear from my side.

I never acted on such thoughts.

"It's not set in stone that we'll end up together, Jennie. It all depends on how your father hold ups his end of the bargain." I drawled, wishing for class to just end.

Tomorrow night was the work party. I was to take Jennie as my date if I couldn't find someone suitable. My mother encouraged me to date around before I would ultimately be put in a marriage not of my choosing. If I were to say I had a date, that was that and Jennie could go with her weekend hook-up; Jongin. It never made sense to me why she followed me around when I knew of her ambiguous relationship with Jongin. Maybe because he wasn't an elite like us and the chances of her ended up with him were like a 0.0001%.

"You're so pessimistic, Tae. At least you're not stuck with someone like Kang Seulgi. Boring and plain." Jennie scoffed and I scoffed back.

Kang Seulgi was anything but boring and plain. She was just good at hiding what she did on weekends. Out of everyone, she was probably the smartest. Jimin was luckier than me and I knew for a fact that since we were in grade school, he had had the hots for Kang Seulgi.

I smacked my lips, showing how I was bored of her presence and our conversation. I turned, looking out the window that showed the hall at the same time the girl from the lunchroom the previous day walked past. Something must have moved me because I stood up, walking out of the class seconds before the bell rang. Her hair was down again, she wasn't wearing any red lipstick, but her lips were still rather red. I guess they were her natural tint and I kind of liked them on her.

Unbeknownst to her, I followed behind her. Ignoring how Jennie was calling my name. One thing that irritated me even more about Jennie was how she called me Tae or Taehyung. We weren't on a comfortable enough level for her to call me that, but she thought since the talk about an engagement was brought up, she had the right to. Jennie could just fuck herself; I was rather interested in knowing more about this girl. This rather, almost effortlessly beautiful girl who I don't think knew she was intriguing. Maybe, I could take her as my date, she looked like someone my mom would approve of.