Chapter 4: The Queen of Witches

**Art bij Wlop on DeviantArt, link in comments **

Mor

In many ways, this female reminded me of Nesta, Feyre's sister and Cassian's mate. And of my own mother. 

Hollow, cold and cruel. 

But still there was something different about her. Like she hadn't been this way before.

I took a seat on the black couch, next to my friends pouring a glass of red wine. 

"Well nobody died in the meeting." I said dryly and Cassian snorted, positioning his wings so he could sit next to me on the couch. 

"Yeah, it wasn't that bad. Beron made the most trouble, actually. The foreign Kings and Queens were almost friendly." Rhys said when he drank from his glass and went on: "They are all friends. They may have tried to hide it, but they know each other very well."

Feyre straightened, clearly very upset. 

"And they all hated that Queen of Doranelle. And you allowed her daughter to enter our home. Are you crazy? Our children live in this house!" she almost yelled.

"Easy Feyre darling. The daughter is Demi-Fae and I saw her talk with the other Kings and Queens. They don't hate her so there must be a way we could try to win her trust. Letting her talk about her Kingdom and maybe find an ally." 

I saw that Rhys and Feyre were communicating mind to mind, something mates could do. I didn't trust her either, but we didn't have much of a choice. 

If we wanted to keep peace, this was what we needed to do.

"She is old and powerful, but broken. I don't think she likes her mother at all. The shadows around her prove that she didn't have a great childhood." My High Lord went on while I carefully eyed Az who was tending to disappear between his shadows.

"Well, broken people are dangerous." Feyre answered while nervously going through her hair. 

Rhys got ahold of her hands and told her with so much emotion: "I will never let her hurt our family. Never." 

At that moment, an unwilled pang of jealousy went through me. Azriel and I were the only ones who hadn't found our mates yet, while Cassian had Nesta, Feyre's other sister Elaine was mated to Lucien, son of Beron, High Lord of Autumn Court. They both lived somewhere called Heroi, a lovely place at the border of Spring Court and the human continent. Although most of our Inner Circle was mated, Rhys and Feyre were the only ones to have children.

"We will all watch her." Azriel reassured her when he went upstairs, probably guarding Lyra's room.

"Humans and Fae. They are all equals." I stated, surprise showing in my voice. 

Rhys, laying his head on Feyre's shoulder, remarked: "Yeah amazing, isn't it? I can't wait to visit those Courts myself." 

Feyre sighed: "Unfortunately, first they visit here, in our lands." 

I sipped my wine and answered: "I think it's normal. They are mostly just humans. It is difficult for them to let such powerful people in, and clearly they heard some horrible stories about us." 

Rhys answered to that remark: "Well, I think they heard stories about Hybern and confuse our kingdoms with that horrible place." 

Cassian grinned at that. "Well we should definitely give Lyra a tour then, we don't want to be compared to that shithole." 

Everybody laughed.

 "As long as someone guards me so she doesn't bite my dick off, I'm willing to do it." He continued. 

I puffed and said dryly: "I thought Nesta had already bitten it off." That made everybody laugh and it earned me a kick from Cassian. 

"We will put those two in the same room if we want to get rid of her." Feyre said with a tiny smirk. "Please the cauldron, help us if that happens. Also, maybe keep her away from Amren." I said and took a new glass of wine while standing up to go to bed. 

I heard a growl from Cassian when I went upstairs.

Lyra

"Lyra, you need to go. Please." Rhiannon pleaded while she touched my face and tried to get rid of the blood on my cheek. 

"I'm not leaving you. I can protect you." I told her stubbornly, curling my fingers in her black hair.

"No baby, I need you to take my children, bring them to safety. We are losing." She said sadly, her blue eyes shining with tears.

We were both tired, tired to the bone. 

We had been fighting the other Witch Clans for weeks now. All because of a deal my mother made with the other witches. She promised them that if they would attack the Witch Kingdom where my beautiful mate was Queen, she would support the new ruler. 

It was all my fault. 

My mother did this to punish me for loving a woman, for leading a rebellion against her together with other Fae who didn't approve of her ways.

 But I would never leave my mate. 

NEVER.

"No! I'm not leaving you! This is my fault." I almost yelled, taking her slim hands in my own.

"Those wars would have been here eventually. It is my last wish that you bring my children to safety. And far away from Maeve or any Witch Clan. Please respect my choice, Lyra. What we had in secret was amazing, but now it is time to pay for our sins." 

She put a small kiss on my lips.

"That is bullshit, Rhianna and you know it. I love you, until the end. We will die together." I whispered, calling her by her nickname.

She pushed her child into my hands and dragged me out.

"No Rhianna, don't do this. Noo, I love you.. Please... Pleas-"

I screamed when I woke up. I sat up in my bed and I tried to calm myself. It was so damn hard to breathe. 

Then I realized where I was. 

Fuck. 

I hope I didn't wake anyone. 

Air, I needed air, I was clammy with sweat...

Stumbling out of a foreign bed, I went through the already open window, which leads out to a balcony. I perched myself on the balcony rail and tried to focus on the stars in hopes of stopping the trembling. 

"Everything okay?" a voice on my left said and I made a small yelp. 

I turned my face to see Morrigan sitting on her balcony. Wearing only a thin red nightgown, she was already dressed for bed. The book she was holding in one hand and a glass of red wine in the other meant she was not ready yet to turn in. 

I quickly looked down at myself, happy to see that I was wearing clothes for a change. I wore a thin lace black short, a matching T-shirt that showed bare skin at my middle and high black socks that stopped above my knee. 

"Totally fine." I told her indifferently while I put my arms under my legs so she wouldn't see them shake. 

"If you want to talk about it..." She began. 

"No." I barked a little in a voice dripping with ice when I hopped off the balcony rail and I went back inside. 

I just heard her utter: "Well good night then" before I closed my window.

Demi-Fae ( a Sarah J Maas based story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें