Chapter 14 : Heroes Never Die

** Art by morgana0anagrom on Instagram, link in comments **

** Hello my dear readers

Sorry for the LATE update! It are a few very busy couple of months that left me no time or energy to write something decent down...Luckily, I have some new inspiration for the story and I will try to update more often. I hope you guys enjoy it! **

Adrian

Lighting a cigarette while slipping out of the bedroom of a female, I felt like I had the most normal morning in a long time. Aside from the fact that a few hours ago I had almost been crushed by the biggest boobs I had ever seen. I must say that I was a little surprised when the female showed me her assets. Not that I didn't like it, Adrian Ivashkov could handle about anything. And the sex was a good distraction from sleeping with Maeve. Fucking Maeve was like fucking an iron gate with a hole in it.

A bloody nightmare.

I sighed, I didn't want to think about that right now. Walking in the streets of Doranelle, I noticed something was off. I heard noises coming from the woods. Crying, shouting and whimpers echoed between the trees. I dropped my cigarette and began sprinting towards the sounds.

My jaw dropped from what I saw. The usually empty field was filled with cages. But that was not the worst part.

The cages were filled with people.

I spotted Fae, humans, werewolves and other species...

What the hell?

"Adrian!" called a soft voice on my left.

I whipped my head around and got closer to one of the cages on the left. It was then when I recognized the voice.

"Sage? What are you doing here?" I questioned, my voice not more than a whisper.

I had met Sydney Sage a few days ago in Velaris where she helped me clean up Lyra's wounds on her back. She was High Fae, a healer from the Night Court.

"I-I don't know. Heroi was calling for aid when they were attacked. My High Lord and High Lady sent an army together with a few healers like me. One moment, I was busy stitching up a warrior's wound and the next I was h-here in this cage." She told me while coming closer.

She looked like hell. Don't get me wrong, she was really beautiful and the first time I saw her, it totally took me off guard. Which was unusual. What was even more unusual was that Sydney was totally immune to my charm.

How? Who could resist Adrian Ivashkov?

I was still trying to figure that one out.

"Adrian?" she asked urgently.

Oh damn.

Focus Adrian, she has just told you about something very serious. The female voice in my head said.

Oh yes, attack on Heroi and vanishing people.

What on earth was that big bad Faerie planning?

"There are no warriors in here?" I declared to Sydney when realizing something.

She shook her head. "Only healers."

What did Maeve want with all these healers?

Yrene Towers was a healer.

Yes. She destroyed Eran? Erwin? Erawana?

Erawan.

Yes, that was it.