Chapter 12: Carraman

*Art by Tatiilange on DeviantArt, link in comments **

**Shout out to my amazing beta reader Danielle, who is always there for me and who reads and corrects my stuff, even when she has so little time! Thank you so much, you are awesome!**

**oh and this chapter has sexual content, be warned ;) **

Mor

Hidden behind a giant bookcase, I almost couldn't stop myself from giggling.

"Sssh, cousin, they will know we are here." Rhys whispered in my ear, still wearing his Illyrian leathers from training.

My cousin and I sneaked into the library in Velaris a few hours ago to set our little plan in motion.

"Urgh, when will that boring meeting with your father be over? We have already been waiting here for so long." I complained, trying to get comfy in our hiding spot.

"Maybe Beron is making trouble." Rhys guessed while peeking between the books to see if someone arrived.

Beron.

That name instantly made the hair on my arm rise at what he will be in my future. My father and Beron agreed that one day, when I finally bled, I would marry Beron's son Eris. I didn't want to marry Eris.... I just wanted to be free to love whomever I wanted to love.

Not Eris. Not that monster. Not that family.

A sound of footsteps took me out of my thoughts.

There, at the end of the hallway, the scholars entered. I was watching a long nerdy professor walking towards us, his ego filling the space, when he started slipping. A surprised yelp was the only sound he made before he fell face first on the ground.

The scholar next to him did the same, dramatically sliding over the stone floor. Unfortunately, he was less lucky. Piles of books he bore in his hands began flying in the air. A rain of pages made it almost too hard to spot the others. All those cocky bastards were gliding, sliding and yelling when they began to drop like flies to the ground.

Thud thud.

"Holy cauldron!"

Thud.

"Aa-a h-help!"

Thud thud.

"What the hell?"

THUD.

"WHO DID THIS!?!"

I put a hand before my mouth to try to stop myself from laughing, but I just couldn't stop myself. This was too funny.

Next to me, Rhys was wheezing, trying to cover his mouth. When I looked at him, his face dark red from holding his laughter in, I totally lost it.

The scholars were complaining and swearing, still lying on the ground.

The soap had done its job wonderfully.

Unfortunately for us, we were laughing way too loud. In a matter of seconds, the professors detected us behind the bookcase.

"YOU!" a freaky one yelled, pointing in our direction and failing to stand back on his feet.

"Shit, move! Mor, run!" Rhys yelled, laughter clairy detectable in his voice.

He pulled me up and we started to sprint to the door, remembering where on the floor there was no soap. An escape route.