Chapter 15: City of Angels

**Art by darekzabrocki on DeviantArt, link in the comments**

Mor

"Who is that?" I asked, standing up from the half burned benches. It was the first time I spoke in the meeting and I felt all eyes on me.

Az's eyes.

Feyre's eyes.

I knew my best friend wanted to know why I wasn't in the tent when she woke up and how I ended up coming late to the meeting. In Lyra's clothes.

Realization glowed in Feyre's eyes.

She knew.

Would Az know too?

"He is one of the most powerful human warlocks alive. If someone can help us, it's him." Dorian answered enthusiastically.

"How can we find him?" Rhys questioned, pretending not to look at Feyre and me.

"We will track him dow-" Manon began but stopped speaking when a bright light flashed in front of us, blinding me for a few heartbeats.

I shielded my eyes, carefully opening them again once the spark faded. In the middle of the tent, two figures appeared. One golden and one black haired male. I recognized the latter as Adrian Ivashkov, the healer who fixed Lyra's back a few weeks ago.

When I looked at the former, I sucked in a breath. Just like his companion, he was one of the most beautiful faeries I had ever seen. Unlike Adrian, he was a full-blooded Fae.

Blondie was sizing up the whole tent and when his eyes caught mine, he winked.

My mouth dropped.

Onyx eyes. A smug face. His smell.

Then it hit me.

He was one of the wolves who had bitten Lyra until her bones were visible during the whipping.

What was HE doing here?

Rage escaped me and before I knew what I was doing, I swung myself at the male.

HOW DARE HE WINK AT ME?

Not expecting an attack, the faerie had no time to defend himself when I slapped an old fashioned fist against his nose.

A crack sounded.

I heard several guests gasp in surprise. Fenrys hissed in pain when trying to find out who exactly had hit him. I formed another fist but was stopped by two strong hands around my arms.

"Mor, stop." Az urged, the people in the tent murmuring in the background.

The white wolf was holding his sleeve against his bleeding nose while he grunted: "I didn't expect a welcoming party, but I also hadn't thought I would be attacked by a golden lioness."

His voice was so smooth and soft, every word a melody.

Oh so perfect.

Urgh. I fucking hated him. I wanted to kill him.

"YOU! You filthy animal. I'm going to make you pa-" I started yelling, trying to get out of Az's grip. I was not in control of myself. I couldn't think. What's wrong with me?

Lyra's face appeared in front of me.

"Mor." She whispered while cupping my face. "Take a breath."

I did.

"Slowly."

I shook my head in her hands and Lyra curled a hair behind my ear. Her shadows formed a cocoon around me, calming down my anger with their whispers.