Chapter 5: Athelwood

** Art by Wlop on Deviantart, link in comments**

The next morning I was in the worst mood ever. I really didn't want to be social today, but my stomach was rumbling, so I had no other choice but to go downstairs.

I would do anything for food. 

Entering the kitchen in my pyjamas, I immediately regretted coming out of bed. Everywhere I looked, there were happy mate couples almost eating each other alive. 

"Urgh." I said in a way of greeting and I carefully put myself in a fancy chair. I must say that I liked the decorations of the house, all very exquisite and tasteful. 

"You are just jealous." The one that was called Cassian, if I remember it correctly, said. 

He then tried to kiss his mate to prove his point, but she almost slapped him in the face. I tried to hide my smirk at the sight of that.

Everybody stopped their cuddling and stared at me while I took some toast and bacon, ignoring them. 

Feyre and Rhysand were sitting on my right, with a young male and female, which if I had to guess, were their children. Morrigan was sitting in front of me, flanked by Azriel, and on my left Cassian and his angry mate were seated.

The little Amren and her lover were facing them and she was grinning at me. I eyed her and took a bite of my toast. 

I hated the staring, just leave me the hell alone. 

The moment I looked back at my plate she asked: "Who is Rhianna?" 

I just stopped my mouth from dropping open. Okay, so the whole house had heard my screams. 

Great. 

Fuck. 

And this she-devil was playing with me. 

And I was in the worst mood ever.

"Amren." Rhysand warned.

We both ignored him. 

"Why can't we know?" she continued while everybody in the room tensed. 

Oh, I was slowly becoming mad, my fingers curling around my butter knife, but I answered coolly: "None of your business, demon." 

I think I saw some fire in those silver eyes, I smiled cruelly, holding her stare. 

"Aren't we supposed to know you're in love with a female? Sounded like she really broke your heart."

My smile faded and nobody could stop me when my magic exploded and sent Amren flying backwards.

 I was trembling with rage, she went much, much too far. This was none of her business. Before me I still saw Rhianna's face, my beautiful mate who sacrificed everything. 

Urgh, I was going to kill this Amren demon. 

"How DARE you? How dare you talk about my mate like that! She was a hero! You don't know anything about her!" I yelled and winnowed in front of her.

But before I could take her, a pair of strong hands grabbed me from behind and pulled me back. 

"Calm down, Lyra." It was Azriel, the shadowsinger. His shadows were trailing around mine, calming them down. 

"Take Amren out of here, now." Rhysand commanded.

I still stared at her, I blinked and a moment later she was gone. I felt myself become calmer, but I was still upset.