Chapter 13: The Queen of the Humans

** Art by IssaAlexander on DeviantArt, link in comments **

**Sexual content continues....be warned ;) **

Lyra

What did I do, what did I do?

I just asked a Fae queen in my bathtub. A queen.

I must have a thing for queens.

And not just some queen, the Morrigan. A living legend for people like me.

Here she was, naked and bloody in front of me.

Everything made more sense now, the silent tug I always felt when she was around, the want.

If my mate was alive, she would have killed me. On the other hand, my mate was quite dead and nothing was going to change it. I will always love Rhianna, but maybe my heart would have some place for my Carraman? Well, what was left of my heart.

I tried to find my voice and noticed it sounded hoarse when I told Mor: "Turn around, I will try to scrub off the filth."

She was looking at me, her thoughts hammering into me. Each glimpse of them even naughtier than the other, her golden eyes tired but alive somehow. Carefully she turned around and I couldn't help but open my legs for her so her back was almost touching my front.

I took some soap and began rubbing it in her bloodsoaked hair when I started talking to distract myself from the fact that she was naked in my bath, her magic silently touching mine. My golden friends curling around Mor's body.

"Who was Andromache?" I voiced.

Her nails were digging into the bathtub, like she also tried to stop herself from touching me.

"She was my lover. My first female lover. We met during the war and fell in love. When the war ended, so did our relationship. She was a queen, a mortal queen who needed to marry a man to continue the royal bloodline. I was immortal. There was no future for us. I left her and when I changed my mind, the wall was built and I couldn't reach her. It took me three years to cross the wall."

"What happened?" I asked carefully.

"She was already married to a man." She sighed. "I let her go."

Mor was quiet for a while before talking again. "It must be hard for you. Having a secret relationship with your mate, while she had a husband."

"Yeah it was. But witches don't really do husbands, they mostly use them for creating offspring and then dump them. Some do love the men, others don't. Rhianna, well she loved her husband but not the way she loved me. I hated it when I needed to hear her fuck with someone else, give birth to someone else's babies. Always invisible."

I took a deep breath. "I loved her, but we didn't choose for the mating bond. It was sometimes more a curse than a blessing."

We were silent for a while. My fingertips tracing the lines of her shoulders now, cleaning the blood off her body. I wanted to go lower and lower and feel that ass again. Or go a little bit more to the front and feel the sides of her breasts.

"So, what's Carranam exactly?"

Mor's question startled me and I knew she had sensed my thoughts, even if she hadn't mastered reading them.

Try to focus on the conversation Lyra.

Focus.

FOCUS.

"It's a bond between two Fae that's very similar to the mating bond and extremely powerful. But very rare, since very few Fae ever find someone with whom they are compatible. It's also dangerous and relies on trust. I can use your powers but also deplete them, like I accidently did before. We can share our magic and communicate telepathically. But if we want to do this right, we need to train. A lot."