t w e n t y

Night had fallen

Night had fallen. No stars shone throughout the long infinite lengths of the dark sky. Only the full moon glowing in it's full glory, enlightening the clouds nearby.

Cold and brisk winds flowed swiftly as if minding their own business. Streets weren't empty yet. The headlights of several cars on road somehow replaced the stars above.

People walked down the long footpaths. Some with dates in hand, other just waiting to catch their deep sleeps in home. Tired as well as cheerful faces being visible in the alive atmosphere.

Despite all of this, here I was missing each detail of the surrounding, running straight away with the thoughts of only one man shadowing down my perspective. Heels clacking the cemented texture of the crowded footpath at a fast pace.

The long woollen cloth of the coat I adorned flowed through the air, almost threatening to leave my body. Sweat dripped down the forehead as my fingers wrapped around the vial tightly, securing the glassed container as if my life depended on it.

Breathe. Breathe. I chanted to myself as the almost easy task seemed impossible at the moment. The nervousness and the fear consuming my senses didn't help either.

People glancing around again and again towards my direction because of my clumsy marathon didn't ignite the tiniest bit of embarrassment.

Being overwhelmed at least has one advantage. Not giving a fuck to anyone.

And then the feet stopped as my hands clasped tightly on my knee caps. The oxygen seemed to be depleting around as my lungs gasped for air.

Before me stood the magnificent skyscraper of 70 freaking floors. The very building which held the presence of Park Jimin within it.

Once my form entered the enterprise, darkness consumed my vision. The usual numerous lights weren't in sight as faint bulbs provided limited vision. Enough to look around but certainly not helping to reach the far corners.

Not even a single soul could be spotted inside. No maids, janitors or even guards. 

The sound of heels knocking the floor was the only tone audible as I recollected some courage. But the eerie silence around the halls didn't manage the restoration to complete.

Slowly but gradually, I made way towards the elevator. As I pushed the button deep within the cluster of steel, I truly realised that my fingers had been shivering the whole time. And the reason wasn't the cold weather for sure.

A few seconds passed as the usual ting sound reached my ears. I stepped inside at an even slower pace because the loneliness of the room had started suffocation within my conscious.

Everything was so quite and strange inside the building. It was surely not possible for such a multi-billion company to be completely lifeless during the night.