t w e n t y n i n e

"Jin ?!"

"Jin ?!"

Lying in the pool of his own blood, the lifeless figure was surrounded by much liquid tainted with the hues of the darkest crimson.

His eyes shut, breathing shallow.

The usual red colour off his cheeks slowly transformed from bright to pale, threatening to fade as the seconds passed.

Hair messy, cheeks red, knuckles knocked.

He depicted himself as someone who lost by an overpowered being. As of me, I felt completely dead, inside out.

My knees stopped supporting as they brushed off the door, colliding next to his stationery self. Skipping beats and breaths wasn't enough as he slowly whimpered out a moan dripping with shrill, pain.

The neck of his marked by two bites, probably through which the blood flowed. He was alive. Still. Yet. Therefore, losing hope wasn't an option.

Though my mind had stopped functioning completely after being introduced to his desperate state, somehow I managed to run out of the room.

Banging the door with the loudest thud, my eyes travelled to the farthest corners begging for help to no one particularly.

Signs of life felt lost. Like sand flowing out admist the gaps between fingers.

Jimin, who still hadn't gone that far, stood by the elevator silently. He portrayed himself as the only saviour in this moment of crisis.

His presence alone ignited some sort of hope in the crushed mindset of mine. I couldn't afford to loose Jin at any cost. He wasn't a part of this shit so he shouldn't be suffering the consequences.

Ambulance ? What a joke.

Stating the reason to save someone who had been attacked by a bunch of rageful vampires might sound too clichè for their being. They'll most probably consider the call given out by some horny teenagers playing a drunken prank in the middle of the night.

So Jimin it was. Maybe the only person who knew how to deal with this dangerous game of life and death. My only hope. So I shrieked, calling him by his name.

The look of overwhemled shocked emotions painted upon my face like an abstract canvas was enough for him to come rushing. His footsteps echoing through the long halls as the speed increased. 

"What happene-?!" Jimin's question hung around in mid air as my index finger feebly pointed towards the horror of the scene caused. He was rather speechless.

But unlike me being so shocked as to unable to process things, he  quickly stooped down. Holding the grip on the veins popping out of Jin's fine neckbones, he checked his pulse.

I was too shocked to even acknowledge the sight in front, let alone believe it. Dragging Jin into this brutal game of life and death wasn't something I'd planned on doing ever.