t w e n t y t h r e e

The same halls squealing dread crossed paths yet again

The same halls squealing dread crossed paths yet again. The same corridors holding dark secrets in its strongest grip away from the eyes of many. The same mirrored walls reflecting anything but reality.

This 69th floor had been void since forever and almost every time I walked in, there wasn't any sight to entertain. Today was no different.

But today, maybe I truly realised what the word loneliness held in its meaning. How someone can be right there in front of your very eyes yet so lost at the same time.

The past few days had been a living nightmare. All the stuff happening felt so surreal despite of being unrealistic as heck.

If I could turn back time, I would. I'd rather live on streets rather than sharing my livelihood with something inhuman. Those former secretaries leaving this highly paid job makes absolute sense now.

And so I was gonna the follow this tradition as well. A step took forward, to go back to my old, shitty, bankrupt and boring life.

His door came in front as I knocked without hesitation but complete fear. Fear of ones own death combined with the fear of losing someone else.

The recognisable accent approved my entry as I went in through the cabin. Just one last time.

Eyes never leaving the screen, Jimin's figure hid behind the monitor. Fingers continously typing furiously on the keyboard, his appearance formal as usual.

I stood in two steps from the entrance with fiddling fingers, deep breaths and a blurred vision yet again. Every passing moment felt like it wasn't meant to be.

With the least amount of courage I had, my feet carried myself towards his direction. The crumbled paper now being on the table's surface.

His eyes peeked admist the frameless spectacles as he slid the letter off the smooth table. My head hung low as no words came out to justify my actions .

"What's this ?" The rhetorical question left his mouth soon after which his eyes went wide.

Flashback

"I don't know Jin, I mean like I am not sure..." I sighed at the latter pacing back and forth across the short lengths of the room.

"Y/N, I can't see you getting hurt anymore." He stooped down lower to the couch's level before locking eyes. "You have been suffering ever since that guy came in your life."

"But the job-i don't think I'd be able to find something like that again..." I scratched the nape of my neck before his hands cupped my cheeks softly. Even I knew it was just an excuse. Somehow Jimin was the reason I didn't want to leave.

"Don't you need to be alive before finding another job. That job seriously could get you killed. Those former secretaries took their bloody lives. Who do you think must've forced them to do so huh?!" He whisper yelled towards my direction being somewhat annoyed.

couldn't stand him giving his shitty opinions about Jimin. He had no right to judge anyone like that. Especially him.

"I think it's just a misunderstanding Jin. Aren't we making stupid fantastical assumptions ?!" I shouted back at him jerking his hand off. He looked taken aback but he just chuckled in response.

"You are so naive." The comment leaving his mouth was anything but humorous, without the slightest hint of any happiness."You're leaving that job this instant do you understand."

"Fine. But I want answers first." I quietly said as tears welled. I sat down on the floor, hugging my knees feeling insecure.

"That's the lamest shit I've ever heard!" Jin scoffed before walking down towards his bedroom, banging his door loud enough for me to hear.

Those two marks which were there on my neck seemed to have disappear. My health condition on the other hand, was anything but better.

I could see Jin being very concerned and I truly wanted to believe him. That everything he said had a point. It was the truth undiscovered, undelivered but I couldn't.

Somehow I couldn't. To convince myself that Jimin wasn't someone who I thought him to be was more than a tedious task than it seemed.

And so my fingers flew through the keys, pressing the letters and transforming words into sentences.

'Resignation Letter'. The heading marked the upper margin as both regret and relief welled up in my heart.

Present

"See for yourself." I lowly said as his eyes were busy scanning the words. He smirked in disbelief before running the free hand through his hair, revealing his forehead as he did.

"I refuse to sign this."

"I didn't ask for permission." I confirmed before staring longingly in his mesmerising round orbits, refusing to back away as a staring competition involuntarily started.

"You can't." He stood up from his comfy seat before walking around the side of the huge table. His figure leaning right beside mine at the edges.

"And why is that ?" I folded my hands with an annoyed expression. His sassy actions confirming my decision even more.

"You-hmm..." He trailed off in between."I don't need to explain it to you.

"Well then I am leaving. Good day." I turned on my heels starting my descend before his hand slipped in mine gently.

"Look Y/N already many of my assistants have bailed out on me and left. It'll be difficult to find another one."

Oh fuck off bastard.

It was at that point when I jerked my hand away from him. "There was a reason they did that..." I stated sternly hiding the quiver from my voice.

Silence settled in the heavy air as nobody said anything. I sighed deeply as Jimin avoided eye contact. He himself acted insecurely as his identity had been revealed.

Unable to bear the atmosphere, I quickly directed my steps towards the door. Almost at the same speed, his hands caught hold of my fingers and flipped my figure around.

My back laid against the surface of the woody texture, body being trapped within his aura. A sort of thrill and fear, both rushed in my veins as I didn't dare to move any muscle.

With a low laid voice I asked him the last thing he would want to answer. "Wh-what are you Park Jimin ?"

His figure continued leaning to a point his breath started brushing on my lips. He aimed for my earlobe as a hushed whisper escaped his wet lips.

"I am a vampire."

•••