Part 6: (Almost) Everybody Goes to the Zoo

CAV POV

"Do you really think this is going to work?" I asked her.

"What?"

"We're out in the open," I told her. "And I might be recognized."

"No you won't."

"Why is that?"

"I'm your camouflage," she smiled, putting her head on my shoulder.

I frowned down at her.

"Oh, my God!" 

We turned to see a couple of young women walking through. They were dressed in beach gear.

"You look like Henry Cavill," one of them said, trying to peer past the sunglasses.

"I know, right?" I smiled. "My boyfriend here works as a look-alike at the Con."

"Wow!"

"Can we see--" the other woman pantomimed taking off glasses.

"Off the clock, guys," I smiled, using one of my American accents. They gasped softly. "Sorry."

"I hardly get to see him, so...." She nodded. "you understand."

"Uh, yeah!"

"Yeah, wow, okay!"

I kissed her temple, sealing the deal. She lightly caressed my chin with one finger, dragging it up my cheek. 

"I'm starved," her voice was soft purr. "Let's just eat here and relax, okay?"

"You guys have a good day, okay?" 

We walked away. This wasn't going to work!

"Okay, where do you want to eat? The best place here is probably Park Place--"

I turned her to me, and pulled her close. She gasped softly, caught off guard. Her lips parted slightly as she looked up at me, her eyes large, clearly startled. To anyone, we might be a couple arguing or just talking. "Why do you think this is going to work? We barely got past a farmhouse and over a bridge before someone said something!"

"One," She took a deep breath. "we are in plain sight." She paused. "Two, Henry Cavill at the zoo? A city zoo? Yeah, right. Hiding out at posh restaurant, trying to check into another luxury hotel, yeah, but a smelly old city zoo?" She shook her head. "Three, I am with you. No one would dare believe someone who looks like me would be with someone like you. Let's face it, if I was a car, I'd be a all terrain,  all weather, five speed, four wheel drive Jeep Wrangler, and all you drive are sleek, speedy and sexy Ferraris and Mclarens." She pauses with a laugh, but it didn't quite reach her eyes. "I'm your best camouflage." She patted my chest and turned out of my arms since I relaxed my hold. She grabbed my hand playfully. "Let's go."

I didn't like that third one, hell I didn't like the second reason, either. I sounded stuck up, conceited, classist.  I'm not like that. I appreciate and like nice things, but... "I don't think any of that is impossible."