Part 14: To Kansas City

JANELLE POV

We spent the next two hours riding from LaPlata, MO to Kansas City, Missouri. They actually brought us a bike for two so it wasn't uncomfortable.

Once again, I was alone with my thoughts. I was trying to get a grip on all that had happened in the last thirty-six or so hours. It all started innocently enough. I went to a con to meet Henry Cavill...who is sitting in front of me on this bike, driving us to Kansas City, like right f'n now. 

I left a message for my closest family that I was okay. But was I okay? Hell, was Henry okay? We were heading for Los Angeles and that was all I kinda knew. I am following this guy to God knows where, but he-he saved me. And when I think of what he is in life, that doesn't fit. But who he is? He trusted and protected me, held me, and so far, no scars to add to my walking wounded profile or awful memoir to stick in my luggage.  

But it'd only been two days. Not even that.

And what happened on the train! My breath caught at the memory: the scent of him, the taste of him, how he felt, how he sounded, the look in his eyes...I remembered a model I dated once. He was in love with his reflection and terrible in bed. No sign of that from Henry--I mean, Cav--hell, Henry? 

And then...She's with me, guys.

Butterflies in my stomach, heart racing. I haven't heard someone say that about me since I was in high school, and it felt just as lightheadedly thrilling as it did then. Yes, I felt my cheeks heat and my hand sweat just a little more in his. I really needed to get a grip. Henry or Cav? I was struggling with this now...now!

I leaned on the motorcycle after getting off, looking at the guesthouse we were staying in. Cute from the outside, for sure. It might have been a guesthouse, but that looked like a permanent residence. Henry was off in the distance, talking to one of the players.

"My wife and mother-in-law decorated it, so...you know."

"I'm sure it's fine," Henry nodded, and shook hands. I heard the jingle of keys. "Thanks."

"Flight is at nine o'clock." 

"Nine o'clock," Henry repeated. "Thanks again."

"Nelle?"

"Nelle?"

Was that me? "Hmm?"

"Oh, you are tired," Henry shook his head. He took my hand.

"I'm okay," I assured, and he put his arm around me. "Thank you for everything."

We walked into the house and turned on the lights. 

"Wow, this is nice," he looked around.

"This is gorgeous!" I whispered. "It's comfortable, cozy, yet rich in tones. My type of place."  I sat in a chair and looked around. "Well, leave me here." I waved my phone. "Don't forget to text!"

"HA!" He laughed. "As if!" He walked over, picked up my bag, and scooped me up in his arms, throwing me over his shoulder in a fireman's carry. 

"You are such a brute!" I spanked his backside on the last word.

"You're gonna pay for that," he joked, not breaking step as he headed up the steps. 

"Well, since I'm in trouble already--" I slapped him again. We were at the top of the staircase. I could see a love seat, table and TV, a bathroom. 

"Okay, that's it," he threw me off and I landed on the bed. 

"Wow, that's stately," I looked up at it. "Regally rustic."

He crawled in after me, and nuzzled my neck, tickling me and making me giggle. I threw my arms around him and drew him down for a kiss. He smiled down at me, and again I saw his eyes spark. I caressed his cheek, and lightly raked his scalp. He closed his eyes at the caress. I have always believed there is something gained in pleasing someone else. This was definitely one of those times.

His eyes opened, and he caressed my cheek. It was then I realized he was settled between my legs. I slightly moved and oh, there he is... He gently ground against me and I responded, moving with him instinctively. I felt myself open to him, to everything, possibilities and impossibilities, the moment. A small voice inside me said, Think about tomorrow. And I told that voice, YOLO.