Chapter 17- Strategy, Strategy, Strategy

"Now the real fun is about to begin! The chance to fully move yourselves into the limelight. Give it your best! Let's see what we have in store for you next! Will your wildest fantasies come to life? What could it be?" The arena waits in silence, watching as the screen before them slows to a stop on Calvary Battle.

"Calvary Battle? I'm terrible at those!"

"I wonder how they'll split us up?"

"The participants will form teams of two to four people as they see fit..." Midnight continues to ramble off the obvious rules, including how the cavalry battle and the point system will work. "And the point value assigned to the first-place contestant is... 10 MILLION!" Every student turns to me, the hope in their eyes vanishing as I stand there, unimpressed. They sigh in disappointment as they realize no one will be able to steal my points, and they might as well give up now. Midnight licks her lips, her face reddening as I glare at her. She glances away, continuing with the instructions. "Now, you have 15 minutes to form your teams. Good Luck!"

The contestants begin to meander around, friends joining together and strangers nervously approaching each other. I glance at my hand, fiddling with the ring on my finger.

I need to be able to hear the intentions of my possible teammates. I better take this off.

I slip the ring into my pocket, swaying slightly as the thoughts around me suddenly explode in my head.

This is going to be impossible.

We'll never get those points!
We'd have better luck going after Midoriya.

If I team with Saiki, I'll win for sure!"

"Uh... Saiki? Will you..."

Yeah, I don't care.

"Really? Thank you!" Kaido happily bounces around me for a split second but quickly corrects his childish behavior by covering his face with a bandaged hand. "We'll defeat all those in our path." I roll my eyes, ignoring his stupidity.

"Hey, you. What's your quirk?" I turn around, my dead-inside eyes meeting another pair.

Once he answers he'll be under my control. Perfect.

"Mine? Oh, it's-" Kaido's face goes blank, all life seemingly leaving him.

"I wasn't asking you. But you seem fine. Join my team." Kaido nods, walking over to the boy and his other teammate.

"So, what's your quirk?"

I'll play along for now.

I'm a-

Got him. I allow my face to fall to a blank position, gaping my mouth slightly to make sure it sells. Good.

"Join my team." I walk behind him, falling in line with Kaido.

Perfect. There's no way I'll lose with him.

"Times up! Please gather with your teams while we tally your points!"

"THESE ARE THE TEAMS!"

"KUSUO SAIKI, HITOSHI SHINSO, SHUN KAIDO, AND KUBOYASU AREN, FOR A TOTAL OF 10,000,280 POINTS!"

"IZUKU MIDORIYA, OCHACO URARAKA, RIKI NENDO, AND FUMIKAGE TOKOYAMI, FOR A TOTAL OF 705 POINTS!"

"KATSUKI BAKUGO, KINESHI HAIRO, EIJIRO KIRISHIMA, AND HANTA SERO, FOR A TOTAL OF 660 POINTS!"

"SHOTO TODOROKI, KOKOMI TERUHASHI, TORITSUKA REITA, AND DENKI KAMINARI, FOR A TOTAL OF 550 POINTS!"

"TETSUTETSU TETSUTETSU, TENYA IIDA, MASHIRAO OJIRO, AND REIKO YANAGI, FOR A TOTAL OF 425 POINTS!"