Chapter 40- The Aftermath of the Hero Killer: Stain

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE, BOY?" Native, Midoriya, Todoroki, Iida, and I look up, Midoriya flinching when he sees the small old man across the street.

"Gran Torino! I was onl-" Midoriya doesn't have time to finish his excuse before Grand Torino jets over to us, kicking the greenette in the face.

"I thought I told you to stay on the bullet train!" He complains, steam practically coming out of his ears. I sigh as four more figures appear in the distance.

"KITTTEENNN!!!!"

"WHY'D YOU RUN OFF LIKE THAT!!!"

"WE WERE SO WORRIED!!!!" I ignore the Pussycats, tired of their constant energy.

"Who are these people?" Todoroki mumbles, almost to himself.

"These are the Pussycats! A group of amazing heroes that Saiki's interning with!" Midoriya starts off, excited to see the group again. "And this is Gran Torino, the hero I'm interning with." He finishes, less excited and more tired sounding. Midoriya turns to Gran Torino, confused. "How'd you find us?"

"I was told to come here by someone else. I have no idea what's going on, but I'm glad you're not dead, at least." Gran Torino explains, still upset at Midoriya for disobeying his orders.

"KITTEEENNN! You were supposed to help with the monsters and be done! Why'd you teleport all of a sud-" Pixie Bob cuts Ragdoll off, pointing out Stain. This shuts everyone up, their eyes wide in awe.

"You caught the hero killer? Impressive." Tiger complements, nodding his head. "I'm not surprised. You're a very skilled opponent." I nod, not really interested in the attention I'm getting. More silhouettes appear in the distance, the sound of multiple footsteps rapidly approaching our alley.

"Over here, I think."

"Huh?" I sigh, getting more tired by the moment.

We caught the hero killer. No injuries. Please inform the police. For a moment they all sit in silence, stunned. Someone finally comes to their senses, calling the police to take care of Stain.

"Can't you just teleport?" Todoroki asks, sitting beside me as we wait for the heroes. I shrug. The idea had crossed my mind but...

It's not really my problem. Why go out of my way to take care of it?

"Fair enough."

The police finally show up. They're much slower than I had expected. Shigaraki is gone by now, but at least I defeated a good number of villains tonight. The police insist that Midoriya, Iida, Todoroki, and I come in for a statement. They lead us to the interrogation room, apologize for the scenery, and close the doors. We sit in silence, our minds occupied with more important things. For me, it's coffee jelly. For the other three, the Hero Killer. Finally, the Hosu Chief of Police, Kenji Tsuragamae, walks in, insisting that we stay seated for the interview.

"So, you're the UA students that brought down the Hero Killer, huh?"

Yes.

The police chief is going through all of this trouble. Why?

"Stain doesn't seem at all injured. Other than his pride, that is. You did a good job apprehending him. Woof." He lets that settle in before continuing on. "Here's a lesson you should have already learned: when quirks became the norm, the police force sought to remain the status quo. They decided we wouldn't use quirks as weapons. That's when heroes came in. They could do what we couldn't- if they were licensed, of course. Woof. It would be impossible for the police to condone the use of deadly quirks. After all, we're here to stop such harm from being done. The only reason pros can use their powers now is because of the strict code of ethics that early heroes chose to abide by. That's why it's against the law for uncertified people to use their quirks to cause injury. None of you had the authority to attack the villain, even if he was the Hero Killer. That means the four of you, and your supervisors, Endeavor, Manuel, Gran Torino, and the Pussycats, should receive harsh punishments for this gross misuse of your powers."

"Hey, hold on a minute!" Todoroki interrupts, standing, more annoyed than anything. "If Iida wouldn't have stepped in, Native would've been murdered! And if Saiki hadn't have gotten there, chances are there would be a lot more injuries, and quite possibly death! No one else even realized that the hero killer was in Hosu! Are you saying we should've just stood by and watch people die?" Todoroki questions, anger hinted in his voice.

"C-calm down!" Midoriya begs, motioning for Todoroki to sit.

"So, you're saying it's okay to break the law as long as it goes your way?" The police chief asks, narrowing his eyes.

If it saves lives and causes no harm, yeah. That makes the most logical sense, doesn't it?

"Isn't it a hero's job to save people?" Todoroki adds, causing Tsuragamae to inwardly sigh.

"This is why you're not a full-fledged pro yet. It's obvious UA and Endeavor haven't been teaching you near enough. What a shame." I roll my eyes, honestly tempted to brainwash this guy to back the hell off. We didn't do anything wrong, and we saved a life.

"You damn mutt!" Todoroki growls, pushing past Midoriya and Iida, pure rage radiating off of him as he nears Tsuragamae.

"Todoroki, stop! Listen, he's right!" Iida speaks, standing up as well. I listen to the chief's thoughts, sighing when I remember this stupid conversation has a point to be had.

Todoroki, let him finish. The heterochronic boy pauses, glancing at me in confusion. He calms down, looking to the chief.

"Fine."

"What I've said is the official stance of the police department, but any punishment would only be necessary if this went public. If it did, you'd probably be applauded by citizens everywhere, but there's no way you could escape from being reprimanded. On the other hand, we could say Endeavor saved the day. We could pretend you weren't involved. Woof. Thankfully, there were very few witnesses. This could be the last you hear of any punishments. It would mean no one would know about you, though. You'd receive no acclaim at all. The choice is yours. Personally, I know where I stand. I don't want to damage any promising young careers, not for a mistake like this." Midoriya, Iida, Todoroki, and I glance at each other, nodding in agreement.

"We'll leave it to you," Todoroki states, bowing his head slightly.

I don't really want the attention anyway. The chief ignores me, continuing on with his lines.

"I know it's not fair, you won't enjoy any of the fame and praise you probably would've received otherwise. But, at least, allow me, as the chief of police, to thank you." He bows to us, his ear flopping slightly as he does so.

"You could've started with that," Todoroki mentions, slightly embarrassed at his outbreak. Midoriya looks extremely uncomfortable, seeing as he didn't really do much, and Iida smiles sadly, glad that the Stain is behind bars, but upset he wasn't the one to do so.

We're released from the police station and sent back to our internships. The Pussycats decide that I shouldn't strain myself, and allow me to go home early, as long as my dad doesn't find out.

=^.^=

Sorry for the boring chapter. I'm not really a fan of this arc, but it's over now, so time for some fun! OH BOY.

I haven't decided whether or not to go over the other character's internships. I haven't actually thought about them at all, but if you guys are curious I can do what the anime did and have a chapter just on that. Comment if you want to see it! If enough people do I'll figure something out XD