Chapter 46- This'll Be Fun

"All right! This'll be super easy if it's just robots!" Kaminari exclaims, beaming happily as Midoriya explains what Kendo told him at lunch.

"Why are you so excited? You can't control your quirk all that well." Yumehara grumbles, upset that her large form will be best against robots.

"Yeah, but I can let loose with robots!" Kaminari smiles, excitement running through him. "I'll definitely make it to the training camp now!"

"Who told you it was robots?" Kaido questions, narrowing his eyes.

"Kendo from class 1-B!" Uraraka speaks, causing Kaido to shake his head.

"Clearly she's trying to deceive us. We have no reason to believe her."

"I don't think she woul-"

"MAYBE SHE'S A SPY FROM DARK REUNION!"

"She's not."

"What's the point in going to 1-B for help?" Saiko asks, chuckling to himself. "I could always bribe a teacher to tell us. I'm sure Mr. Saiki would do anything for a bit of change."

"Dude, not cool! That's Saiki's dad your talking about!" Kirishima scoffs, more offended than I am.

"Saiki could tell us," Todoroki mentions, his monotone voice barely carrying far enough for the class to here. Everyone pauses, turning to me.

What a pain.

"Why didn't we think of that?"

"You can read minds, right? Just read a teacher's mind!"

"I hope they're robots!"

"Come on, are we fighting robots? We are, right?" Kaminari asks, his eyes bright. Bakugo tchs, annoyed.

"It shouldn't matter if it's robots or actual people. Why are you morons so excited?"

"Who are you calling a mo-"

"SHUT UP!" Bakugo yells, cutting Kaminari off. "YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO CONTROL YOUR QUIRK, YOU GOT IT?" Bakugo angrily sits down, opening his books to prepare for class.

I figured you wouldn't want them all over you.

Yeah, thanks. Bakugo nods, turning to his work.

"Now then. Let's begin the last test. Remember, it's possible to fail this final. If you want to go to camp, then don't make any stupid mistakes." Aizawa informs us, standing at the center of a group of UA teachers.

"Why are all the teachers here?" Mera asks, tilting her head in confusion.

"I expect many of you have gathered information and believe you have some idea of what you'll be faced with today." Aizawa continues, ignoring Mera's question.

"WE'RE FIGHTING THOSE BIG OL' METAL ROBOTS!" Kaminari cheers, fist-pumping the air excitedly.

"Actually," A muffled voice comes from Aizawa's scarf, the material trembling as a creature appears next to the very tired man's head. "This year's test will be completely different for various reasons!" Nezu explains, using Aizawa's scarf to climb to the ground, 13 carefully making sure he lands. "The tests now have a new focus! They will be hero work, of course, but also teamwork and combat between actual people! So, what does that mean for you? You students will be working together in pairs and your opponents will be one of our esteemed UA teachers, isn't that fabulous?" Nezu concludes, his bright smiles giving off an almost ominous glow.

"We're... fighting teachers?" Uraraka squeaks, clearly terrified.

"Additionally, your partners and your opponents have already been chosen. They were determined at my discretion based on various factors including fighting style, grades, and interpersonal relationships."

"I helped too!" Aizawa ignores father's lie, continuing.

"First, Todoroki and Nendo are a team. Against me. Then we have Midoriya paired with Saiki, and their opponent is..." All Might appears out of nowhere, right on his cue.

"I AM HERE! TO FIGHT!" Midoriya inwardly panics, though I'm not too concerned.

"We're up against All Might?" The greenette squeaks, trembling slightly at the sight of his hero.

"You're going to have to work together boys, if you want to win."

Though Saiki may have a chance alone. All Might realizes, suddenly anxious for his fight.

"And now, let's announce the teams and the teachers they'll be facing in order!"

1ST MATCH- URARAKA AND TOKOYAMI VS. CEMENTOSS!

2ND MATCH- SERO AND KAIDO VS. ECTOPLASM!

3RD MATCH- OJIRO AND YUMEHARA VS. BIG LICK!

4TH MATCH- TODOROKI AND NENDO VS. ERASERHEAD!

5TH MATCH- ASUI AND MERA VS. 13!

6TH MATCH- BAKUGO AND HAIRO VS. NEZU!

7TH MATCH- IIDA AND YAOYOROZU VS. PRESENT MIC!

8TH MATCH- SAIKO AND KIRISHIMA VS. SNIPE!

9TH MATCH- TERUHASHI AND KAMINARI VS. MIDNIGHT!

10TH MATCH- SAIKI AND MIDORIYA VS. ALL MIGHT!

"To complete the exam, you'll have 30 minutes. In order to win, your objective is to put these handcuffs on your teacher, or you can win if one of you manages to escape from the combat stage." Nezu quickly explains, carefully making sure everyone understands.

"It's basically like combat training."

"Yeah, but is it really okay to just leave? It's not very passionate."

"Yup!"

"It's going to be much different than that combat training yall went through earlier. After all, you're up against people WAAY better than you!" Present Mic gloats, smugly crossing his arms.

"Aren't you just the announcer?" Saiko scoffs, rolling his eyes.

"HEY WATCH YO MOUTH, HAVE SOME RESPECT!"

"This time, your exam will be very similar to a real battle. As strange as it is, please think of us as villains."

"Assuming you come across your enemy, if you think you can win against them, then fight. However..."

"In instances when you're outmatched, it would be smarter to run away and find help. Todoroki, Iida, Midoriya, Saiki, I'm sure the four of you understand."

Well, I was fine, but sure.

"I won't make that mistake again. I will pass this test and prove that I am a hero!" Iida encourages himself, clenching his fist.

"So, we fight to win or run to win," Midoriya confirms, his anxiety high.

"That's right! It's a test of your decision-making skills! But with these rules, you're probably thinking your only real choice is to flee! That's why the support course made these super clever accessories for us!" All Might pulls a large weight from his costume, showing it to the class.

Where was he keeping that?

"BEHOLD! Ultra-compressed weights!" Present Mic yells, too used to announcing to not explain further.

"These babies will add about half our body weight to our physiques! It's not much, but they will eat up our stamina and make it harder for us to move around!" All Might explains, tightening the weights to his wrists.

Oh shoot, these are heavier than I thought!

"You think we need a handicap to win against you? Well, think again." Bakugo growls, annoyed.

As if a rat would put up that much of a fight. All Might laughs, his eyes gleaming as he fights to hide his ever-growing fear.

"This'll be fun."