Chapter 21- Battle On, Challengers!

"Are you ready, bro?" Kirishima beams, draping his arm over Kaminari's shoulder.

"Not really." Kaminari chuckles nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. "Nendo is really strong. I wish I wasn't paired with him."

"You'll be fine," Kirishima laughs, punching Kaminari's arm playfully. "Won't he, Bakugo?" The pair glance at their friend, who's sitting in the seat next to Kirishima. He's staring off into space, his face troubled.

"Bakugo?" Kaminari questions, gently nudging the teen's shoulder.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU IDIOTS WANT?" Kaminari jumps back, causing Kirishima to break out in laughter. When Bakugo only scowls Kirishima's face shifts to one of concern.

"Are you okay, bro?"

"Why wouldn't I be, Shittyhair?" Bakugo mumbles, barely audible over the crowd surrounding them.

"You just seem out of it, is all." Bakugo rolls his eyes, standing up from his seat.

"I'm leaving."

"Woah, woah, wait! Where are you going?" Kirishima reaches out, grabbing Bakugo's wrist. "I didn't mean to anger you or anything, I was just worried about you!"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm just going to prepare for my battle, like you should be doing." Bakugo pulls his hand away, stomping off on his own.

"Is it just me or was that really weird?" Kaminari asks, glancing at his red-headed friend.

"No. There's definitely something wrong with Bakugo." The two stare after their friend, who shoves his hands in his pockets as he marches to the warmup rooms.

"ARE YOU REEEAAADDDYYYY?"

"I should probably go," Kaminari mutters, eyeing the arena.

"Good luck, man!" Kirishima cheers, punching him in the shoulder again.

"Thanks." Kaminari smiles, rubbing his arm as he makes his way to the arena. Kirishima grins at his retreating friend, turning back to class 1-A's section. Hairo waves at the seat next to him and Kirishima nods, making his way to the boy.

"AND NOW FOR RIKI NENDO OF CLASS 1-A VS. DENKI KAMINARI, ALSO OF CLASS 1-A! HOW WILL THESE TWO IDIO- I MEAN COMPETITORS COMPARE?"

Kaminari was already in the middle of the arena, his hands in his pockets as he waits for his opponent.

"Hey, buddy! Let's go get ramen!" Nendo pokes Kaido in the side, causing the teen to hiss in pain.

"You idiot, you're supposed to be fighting!"

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Kaido sighs, holding the bridge of his nose and shaking his head in disappointment.

"Why is Nendo up here? Shouldn't he be in the arena? He'll make a bad example of our class if he's late!" Iida voices, rapidly chopping the air with his hand.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll take him." Kaido sighs, standing up and grabbing Nendo's arm. "Come on."

"Where are we going? Is there any ramen?"

"What? No! You're fighting! This is a competition; you could at least try to be interested."

"Who am I fighting? Why?" Kaido merely shakes his head, not bothering to answer the teen's questions as they walk down the darkened hallways.

"Is this Riki Nendo?" A deep voice sounds, making Kaido jump and squeal slightly, but he quickly recovers. The two turn around to see a very fiery man towering over them, his eyes narrowed. "Ye- yeah. This is Nendo." Kaido squeaks out, gesturing to his classmate. The man nods, examining the teen closely.

"Should you win this fight, I expect you to challenge my son. Don't go easy on him, you understand? I need him to use his full quirk." Nendo tilts his head, still confused about what is happening. The man turns away from the pair, leaving without getting Nendo's answer.

"Well, that was weird," Kaido mutters, directing Nendo to a faint light in the distance. "Good luck, I guess."

"Good luck with what?" Instead of answering Nendo's question, Kaido simply pushes him into the arena, watching to make sure he continues to walk forward.

"IT'S ABOUT TIME!"

"Thank you, Kaido," Aizawa mutters, earning a small nod from the boy before he returns to the shadows of the arena.

"AND NOW, LET THE FIGHT... BEGIN!!!!"

"Huh? Fight?"

Kaminari dives at Nendo, sending out electric shocks just weak enough to not shock his brain, but definitely strong enough to make any normal human pass out. The shock narrowly misses Nendo, who's ambling around the arena in confusion.

"Buddy?" Nendo turns to Kaminari, tilting his head. Kaminari chuckles at the idiot, sending more electricity flying toward his opponent. This time the attack hits Nendo in the chest, which, for a moment, nearly stops Kaminari's heart.

A hit in the chest could kill someone! How could I have been so stupid?

That panic didn't last long though, seeing as Nendo merely stood there, unfazed.

"Wanna get ramen later?"

What the hell? I know he's strong, but that's... impossible!

"You idiot! This is a fight! You're supposed to fight!" Kaminari yells, annoyed with the boy. Nendo stares at Kaminari, his head tilted as he processes the information.

"But you're my buddy!" Kaminari sighs, shaking his head.

"It's a game!" Something in Nendo's mind finally clicked.

"OOOHHHHH!" He narrows his eyes, getting into a makeshift battle stance. "Then I'll buy you ramen as an apology after beating your sorry ass." Kaminari's eyes grow wide, fear suddenly settling in as he realizes his mistake. He gulps, sliding into his own battle stance. Nendo pounces toward Kaminari, his eyes glowing a bright red. Kaminari, now visibly shaking, jumps forward as well, pulling his hand back and allowing electricity to run through it. Their fists meet, causing a blast of air that's strong enough to push the audience into their seats. Dust engulfs the arena, obscuring the view.

"WHAT'S HAPPENING DOWN THERE?" Present Mic yells, blasting the ears of many. Aizawa sighs into the microphone, clearly wanting nothing more than to sleep for at least 20 years.

The dust finally settles, revealing Kaminari meandering around the arena, drool dripping out of the corner of his mouth. Kaminari, in his stupidity, steps out of the arena, giving the audience a thumbs up and smiling idiotically.

"KAMINARI IS OUT OF BOUNDS! NENDO WINS!"