Chapter 51- Fancy Cheese

TEAM ASUI AND MERA.

PRACTICAL EXAM.

READY?

GO!

The two girls nod at each other, carefully walking through the windy hallways, their footsteps silenced thanks to the bread Mera made to cover their shoes.

"These silencers were an amazing idea, great job, Chisato," Asui whispers, checking around the corners before moving onward.

"Thanks," Mera smiles, glad that she impressed her partner.

"You remember the plan, right?" Asui questions, stopping for a moment to converse with her partner.

"Yeah, of course!" Mera nods, determination written all over her face. She makes a liquid from her fingertips, gently brushing it under Asui's nose. She then does the same to herself, taking a deep breath in. Asui gives her a thumbs up, slowly walking forward once more. The girls narrow their eyes as they come to a large opening, the exit sign flashing on the other side.

"Where's 13?" Mera hisses, creating a steaming slice of pizza in her hand, prepared to throw it at any moving target, though she quickly drops it as the heat becomes unbearable. Asui ignores this, instead climbing up the wall and onto the ceiling. Mera puts her hands up in a shrug, silently asking if Asui can see anything. The girl shakes her head, tilting it in confusion. She drops down, landing on her feet and waving Mera forward.

"Let's not make the same mistake as Ojiro and Yumehara. The exit's right there." Asui speaks, walking forward. Mera nods in agreement, glancing around once more before following Asui to the exit.

"It can't be this easy, can it?" Mera questions, glancing around them again.

"It doesn't seem like it would be..." Asui mumbles, her tongue poking out of her mouth.

"Of course, it isn't that easy!" 13's voice echoes throughout the room, causing the girls so stop, searching carefully for their opponent. A strong force pulls them, the force originating from the hallway the girls came from. Asui manages to grab a hold of a railing, and as she does, she turns to catch Mera. Their fingers brush, but their hands miss as Mera's pulled back. Asui, using her quick thinking, shoots out her tongue and wraps it around Mera's waist. The added weight pulls Asui back, her grip on the railing loosening momentarily before the greenette grabs on with her other hand, her neck craned and cramping with the effort.

"Thanks, Asui!" Mera gasps, trying not to think about the fact that there is a tongue wrapped tightly around her waist. The pull stops, causing the girls to fall to the ground, Mera landing heavily on her side, and Asui basically belly-flopping on cement. They both get to their feet, Mera getting in a fighting position that she learned from her internship while Asui crouches down, ready to jump.

"Great teamwork," 13 mumbles, her voice sounding both annoyed and pleased.

"Like teamwork?"

"Then eat THIS!" Mera screams, throwing food she just made at 13.

"What is that supposed to do?" 13 asks, a little concerned for Mera's mental health. Mera smiles, tilting her head sweetly.

"Tell me, have you been to Sweden?"

"Huh?" Suddenly a terrible stench suddenly crashes over 13, the smell somehow leaking through the hero's costume. "What is that?" The hero winces, instinctively attempting to cover her nose, but to no avail thanks to the helmet.

"Surströmming," Mera explains, smirking. "Probably the world's worst smelling food!"

"You're definitely not wrong," 13 complains, gagging in her suit. She takes a moment to try to breathe, but before long Asui attacks, going for 13's hands. The hero dodges, her eyes watering as she looks for her opponents. "Why aren't you two affected?"

"Oh it's bad, but we have vanilla!" Mera beams, happy with the plane Asui made up.

"Well, this won't stop me!" 13 yells, determined to give the students a difficult fight.

"Mera look out!" Asui warns, jumping onto the ceiling, wrapping her tongue around Mera and pulling her up. 13 uses her quirk, sucking the girls toward her. Asui's grip falters, sending the two flying at the hero, who stops her quirk just in time to not hurt the girls. Mera, thinking quickly, creates food, smearing it on 13's helmet as she flies by. The thick, paste-like food sticks well, obscuring the hero's vision.

"Got you!" Mera boasts, just before the momentum from being pulled sends her and Asui into the wall. The air rushes out of her lunges as Asui crashes into her gut, and they both fall to the ground.

"What is this?" 13 complains, trying in vain to wipe off the substance.

"Great thinking, Chisato!" Asui approves, helping her partner to her feet. Mera nods, struggling to take a breath of air but doing her best not to panic. Suddenly 13 screams, frantically flailing, desperately trying to wipe off the food.

"WHAT IS THIS?" Mera, proud of herself, smirks, her lungs finally filling. She places her arms above her head, stretching her lungs to allow them better airflow, finally answering 13's question.

"Casu marzu." She states matter-of-factly, enjoying the terror it brings 13.

"What's that?" Asui asks, her tongue poking out of her mouth as she watches 13 struggles to rid of the food smeared on her helmet.

"Fancy cheese," Mera explains, watching the show before her.

"WHY ARE THERE MAGGOTS IN IT?" 13 screams, tempted to use black hole on the food but not daring, since it would have immediate consequences for her safety.

"I don't know, ask the Sardinians," Mera shrugs, turning to Asui. "I guess we leave?"

"Well, we might as well capture her, ribbit."

"Yeah, I'm sure we can handle her now." The girls nod in agreement, approaching 13 cautiously. Thanks to the soft texture and large amount, the cheese is still successfully blocking 13's view, making it easy for Mera to hold her while Asui cuffs her wrist.

"Great job, Chisato!"

TEAM ASUI AND MERA HAS PASSED!

=^.^=

Sorry for the late/short chapter, I really struggle with every single one of these characters lol (also I play Among Us more often than I should) 

Also I decided that 13's a girl because I wrote the whole chapter referring to them as a girl, realized that I did that, and was too lazy to change it.