Uh oh. Stanky.

Become Dave Strider

Rose came and healed Karkat. He had an open cut down his entire right arm. After Rose healed him and Jade, we sat in silence. They said they'd give us some space. I just want to bundle him up in a blanket and tell him he's safe, but we've been away for so long. We're pretty uncomfortable with each other. God what do I do? We sit in the living room alone. 

"I uhh-."

"DAVE... HAVE YOU BEEN KEEPING THINGS FROM ME..?" Karkat cuts me off.

"Woah where did that come from?" Why would he think that?

"ITS JUST... YOU... IDK. I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN FOREVER. NOT TO MENTION YOU WEAR THOSE SHADES AND NEVER TAKE THEM OFF. YOU'RE MYSTERIOUS. ITS HARD TO BELIEVE YOU LOVE ME WHEN YOU BARELY TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT YOU." Karkat sniffs. Oh no. Please don't cry. I grab Karkat and hug him. 

"Ask me anything babe... I'll answer it." We sit on the couch together. My hands holding his.

"WELL FIRST OFF. WHY DO YOU WEAR THOSE SHADES..?" Karkat asks. Ah yes. The question I always avoid... well here goes nothing. I remove my shades. I look Karkat in the eyes. Wait he has... red eyes... so I'm not... alone.

"WOAH HOLY SHIT YOUR EYES ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!" He takes my face in his hands. If this was a comic he'd have little stars in his eyes. He looks so mesmerized.

"R-Really..?!" 

"YEAH!!" Karkat leans and makes me fall backwards onto the couch. Karkat realizes and sits up.

"S-SORRY." He apologizes.

"It's cool." I put my shades back on.

"NOW EXPLAIN TO ME YOUR LIFE STORY!" Karkat says. I explain. I explain it all. My childhood. My school life. How it was when he was gone.

"Now your turn." I say. Karkat explains. Explains a lot. Everything. Even what John did to him. 

"SO THAT TALL TROLL MAN WAS MY DAD. I DON'T KNOW HOW HE'S ALIVE BUT HE IS." Damn. That's confusing. I pull him on top of me. We lie on the couch. I hold him tight and don't let him go. 

"IT'S GETTING LATE...." Karkat places his chin on my chest to look at me. 

"Aight." I pick up Karkat and carry him up to my room. He yawns. I awwe in my head. Tiny little baby all mine. I place him down on my bed and walk over to my dresser. I toss him one of my shirts. I grab myself a shirt and pajama pants. I remove my shirt and pants, then change into the new ones. I turn to look at Karkat. He's in my shirt which is huge on him and crab boxers. He has my pillow on his face.

"Awwe were you peeking?" I tease Karkat.

"FUCK YOU ASSHOLE." He pokes his head up from the pillow.

"Let's wait til your wounds have fully healed Kitkat." He sticks up his middle finger at me. 

"Not my fault that you're extremely fucking attractive..." Karkat mumbles that under his breath. I hug him and roll over so I'm above him. I'm on my hands and knees. Karkat blushes.

"You find me attractive huh?"

"NOPE!! YOU SAID WAIT TIL MY WOUNDS FULLY HEALED!!" Karkat curls up and sticks his foot on my face. Pfft. What a dork. I bend down and kiss his nose.

"But you're too cute for me to handleeee." I say. Karkat giggles. I put my head between his legs and sit up. Karkat dangles from my shoulders. 

"DAVE!!" Karkat says. I stand up and spin around. He  laughs. I pick him up off my shoulders and kiss his fore head.

"JUST KISS ME ON THE LIPS ALREADY DICKWEED." Karkat crosses his arms. I shrug.

"Alright needy one." I dip Karkat and kiss him on the lips. He holds my face in his hands deepening the kiss. I stand up straight and hug him before jumping onto the bed backwards. Karkat and I bounce when our bodies hit the mattress.

"ALRIGHT LETS SLEEP DAVE." Karkat turns away from me. I nuzzle my nose into his neck.

"Awwwe alright." I plant a few kisses on Karkats neck before falling asleep with him in my arms.

Become Karkat Vantas

~time skip~

I wake up to the sun shining in my eyes. I groan.

"G'morning Karkles." Dave stretches

"MORNING ASSWIPE." I sigh.

"I love you too." Dave says. We sit up. I turn to Dave and kiss him softly on the lips before getting up. I look around his room. It's a nice little space. I walk over to his desk. There's a cork board with pictures on it. Pictures I recognize.

"HEY DAVE WHERE DID YOU GET THESE PICTURES?" I point to the cork board. Dave raises one eyebrow.

"What pictures?" Dave gets up and walks over to me.

"Looks like Jade gave me the party pictures after all." Dave shrugs

(The colors in the background of the pictures are the pillows)

"Pfft did you glare at Jadebot when she pushed you into me?!" 

"MAYBE." I squeak.

"Pssh you're adorable." Dave says. He pats my head. We look at the pictures for a few seconds.

"Weren't you wearing a red shirt that day though."

"I CHANGED CLOTHES. LIKE A NORMAL PERSON."

"Hey uhh Karkat." Dave breaks the silence.

"YEAH?"  I respond.

"What do your horns do?" I freeze. Did he just-. Does he not know? I place my hands over my horns as protection.

"U-UHH I UHH... NOTHING." I step away from Dave. He shrugs.

"Alright then. Keep your secrets." Dave pulls out his phone. I walk out of his room and down the stairs. I turn into the kitchen.

"Omg Karkat you look adorable!!" Jade shouts. Everyone fucking turns to me. I just realized that I'm still wearing Dave's shirt and my boxers. Thankfully the shirt hides my boxers.

"YEAH YEAH. WHATEVER. I'M GOING TO THE LIVING ROOM." I leave the kitchen and walk into the living room. Jade and Rose follow. They flop on the couches. I do too. Roxy and Jake enter. Roxy is wearing a White sweater and black sweatpants. Jake is wearing Dirks white shirt with a hat on it and shorts. Rose and Jade are both wearing night gowns.

"Looks Like The Striders Are The Last Down. As Expected." Rose snickers. I giggle.

"SOUNDS LIKE DAVE." I say.

"Sounds like Dirk. I bet they're styling their hair." Jake chuckles. 

"YEAH." Jake holds up his hand and I high five it. We chill on the couch talking about random shit. Dave and Dirk both come down stairs.

"Sorry for the delay. We had to fix our hair." Dirk says as he walks in. Jake and I high five again. They look at us in confusion. 

"NOTHING." We snicker to ourselves.

Continue being Karkat ==