Not what I meant

Become Karkat Vantas

Okay wtf Kanaya. I do not want to look like a stripper every fucking day. I look down at myself.  This time I have a grey turtle-neck-sleeveless-crop-top. It's very plain. It covers my hickeys though. It's everything yesterday but black and grey. So now I look even more emo. I slide on the crab anklet I got from Jade and put on the choker. I judge myself silently in the mirror. I step out of the bathroom. Dave isn't in here. But at least there are new bed sheets. I walk out onto the balcony. There's a little wooden table to the right. I pass the table and look out at the sunrise. I run my hands across the railing. Pfft I'm really like a Disney princess huh. I laugh to myself.

I'm hungry. Hmmm. But I'm wearing this. Maybe if I play it off cool they won't care. I walk back into the room and grab Dave's back up shades. Okay these are way to dark. I place them on my head instead. Hmm I kinda wanna go back to the beach, but not in the water because it's high tide. I could grab food and run to the beach. I exit the room and run down the hall. I jump onto the railing of the stairs then run down. When I make it to the bottom I jump off. The smell of waffles fills the air. Perfect. I quickly grab a waffle.

"I'M GOING TO THE BEACH TO WATCH THE SUNRISE. FEEL FREE TO JOIN ME!!" I run out through the open wall and across the porch. I jump onto the sand. My feet almost sink in. I walk over to where Eridan and Sollux left their towels. I sit down and watch the mixture of colors rise from the horizon.

"You know you could've just asked to borrow my shades." I turn around and see Dave sitting on the rocks above me. He's not wearing his shades. Wait, were these his only pair?

"EVERYONE HERE IS FAMILY AND FRIENDS I DON'T THINK THERES GONNA BE A BIG PROBLEM WITH YOUR EYES." I say. He shrugs. I take a bite of the waffle.

"True. But we're planning on going to the water park today." Dave says. 

"REALLY?!" Yes!! Water park!! Slides!! Pools!! Lazy river!! Yes!!

"Yeah. So can I have those back?" Oh yeah. Dave holds out a hand to me. I guess i'll have to get some from Roxy. They always have glasses lying around. I take off the shades and hand them to Dave. He puts them on. I continue eating my waffle on the beach. By the time I'm finished everyone is ready to go. I run inside and into Roxy's room.

"Wassup bub?" Roxy is sitting on their bed playing on their phone.

"I NEED A PAIR OF SHADES OR SUNGLASSES." I say.

"Aight. I got a pair of heart sunglasses in my box of clothes." They point over to their box of clothes. I nod and go through it. I find the heart sunglasses and place them on my head. I turn to Roxy.

"Stylish." They give me a thumbs up. We both walk out of the room and head down stairs. Everyone else has pool stuff. Dirk has a bag full of towels. Jade is holding the floaties. Rose has sunscreen. I put on a pair of flip flops from the front door and follow everyone out. When we step outside there are a bunch of solar powered golf carts. I hop in the drivers seat of one. Dave sits in the passenger seat.

"I'm not sure I feel very safe with you at the wheel." Everyone else enters the carts. 

"AWE C'MON YOU DRIVE WORSE THAN ME." Directions to the water park pop up on a little screen. I check them quickly before starting up the cart. I step on the gas and we get moving. I speed past trees and other carts.

"Jesus fuck!! You can not drive!! We're gonna get a ticket!!!" Dave holds onto the seat. 

"OH PLEASE." I take a sharp turn and park inside the lot for the water park. Dave sighs.

"I'm not gonna let you drive for the rest of this trip." Dave says. Awwe. But that was so much fun. Everyone else arrives a few minutes after us. 

"Dave please don't let your boyfriend drive the carts again." Dirk says.

"Yeah I already addressed that." Dave nudges me. I groan.

"Come on guys!! Lets go!!" Jade says. She grabs my hand and runs to the water park. I'm dragged. Everyone else walks behind us. Jade comes to a quick halt at the entrance which sends me falling. I find myself lying on top of her.

"UGHH. DON'T STOP SO FAST." I stand up and rub my head. Jade gets to her feet.

"Sorry." She grabs my arm for support. 

"You two okay?" Dave asks. Jade and I nod. Jade gasps.

"Omg!! Look at that water slide!!" Jade points up at a... holy shit. It looks to me a 3 mile high water slide that drops before curving. It leads straight into the ocean. I don't even know how to swim in deep water. Nope. Nope. I'd rather drown. I will anyway. Imagining that makes my stomach feel terrible. I look up at the waterslide in pure terror.

"Woah. Lets go on that one first!" Dave says. I freeze. No. Please no. Maybe we can do a different one. But that would ruin their fun. 

"I-I. I'M GONNA GO TO THE BATHROOM. YOU GUYS GO ON AHEAD." I sprint off in the direction of a bathroom sign. I hide behind a wall. When I peak out I see them walking towards the entrance to the slide. Whew. I'm in the clear.

"Do you not know how to swim?" 

"HAHDBD ROXY WTF?!" Did they follow me?! They tilt their head.

"Do you?"

"U-UHHH... MAYBE. I JUST..."

"Can't swim in deep water. When we were at the beach the tides were low. You could stand in those."

"YEAH... HOW'D YOU KNOW?" Roxy confuses me sometimes.

"The terror in your eyes when you saw the slide. That gave me all the answers I needed." 

"OH." Roxy is extremely smart when they're not drunk.

"YOU KNOW. ROXY. I THINK  YOU'RE COOL. DRUNK OR NOT." Roxy smiles. 

"Thanks. Now c'mon. There's an ice cream parlor around the corner." They grab my arm and drag my into the ice cream parlor. Wow it's bright in here. The walls are a pastel pink. The tables and chairs are a pearl blue. There are stars everywhere. 

"Hi! Welcome! What can I get you?" A green skulled lady behind the counter smiles.

"Oh hey Callie!" Roxy says.

"R-Roxy?! Omg!! Hi!!! Where have you been!?" Says the lady. I guess her name is Callie. 

"Just at home. We're here for Dirk and Jakey's wedding actually." 

"Really?!! That's awesome!! I'm glad they finally tied the knot!! Oh! And who's this?"

"This is Karkat. Dave's boyfriend." Roxy gestures to me.

"HI..?"

"Karkat this is Calliope. She's my long distance girlfriend." 

"Awwe!! Isn't he just the cutest!! Is he a tsundere?? That's totally Dave's type!! Awee anything you guys order will be on the house!!"

"Awwe thanks Callie. But you really shouldn't."

"Nope I insist!! I'll stop by sometime. I'm sure I'll be able to find where you're staying!! Now c'mon. What ice cream flavor do you want? How many scoops? What type of cone? Would you like any toppings?" I like this girl already.