{One}

Kennedy's POV-
"Ok Kennedy, this is your first day at this new school. You have to make a good first impression." I said to myself as I paced my closet.

What do you wear on your first day at your new athletic school? Casual, Sporty, Drippy, Girly? I have no clue.

Today I will be attending Sierra Canyon, school of athletes. Only the best high school athletes get to attend so I already know that there will be many celeb kids and top tier D1 kids.

I also know that its going to be super difficult making friends or making the cheerleading or track team.

Back in New York I was the best cheerleader in the state and I lead my team to six championships. I was the second fastest person in my track division while my bestfriend, Jaina was the fastest.

I was always extremely happy for her successes and she was always happy for me. 

Jaina transferred to Sierra Canyon two years ago after her mother was offered the job to coach the Sierra Canyon soccer team.

The reason I transferred to Sierra Canyon was because a scout took interest in me at one of my track meets and then decided to recruit me after my last cheerleading competition.

My mom thought that it was a good way to improve my skills and better my education so she was all for it.

We moved here, L.A., two weeks ago and I finally was enrolled into the school.

My dad would be super proud of me if he was still here. My dad is encouraging me from up above.

He passed away last year in a car crash.

He was my bestfriend and my biggest fan. Being my father was just a bonus.

My mom still mourns but she's been trying to keep herself up so I won't see her like that.

I always miss him and maybe even cry here or there but I know that god called him home for a reason and I'll see him later.

"Hmmm this is cute." I said, laying out an outfit that I had selected with the help of Jaina on FaceTime.

I did my hygiene then got dressed. My outfit consisted of an orange and white velvet crop top, white shorts, and white Air Force 1's with orange detailing.

I flat ironed my hair then tucked some strands behind my ear before grabbing my backpack, lip gloss, and phone.

I walked downstairs and into the kitchen to see my mom hovering over the kitchen island and making a breakfast bagel.

"For me?" I asked. "Yes Kennedy. Do you have everything you need for your first day?" She asked in return.

"Yea ma..." I sighed taking a bite of my bagel.
"Why the long face?" She asked, beginning to wash dishes.

"What if nobody likes me?" I asked, honestly eager for her response.

I've never been the type of person to care what people think about me but I at least want to have a few friends so I won't have to go this journey alone.

"Baby you'll be fine. Trust me, everyone will love you. Just stay true to yourself and try your best. If nobody accepts you for who you are they are just some imbéciles." She said, assuring me with a smile.

"Thanks mom, you're right." I said returning the smile. "I always am." She smirked.

"Ok now come on, we don't need you late on your first day." She said, grabbing the keys to our Rolls Royce.

My mom and I are pretty fortunate due to my "career", sponsorships, and my dads inheritance.

After a 20 minute drive of me and my mom blasting PRETTYMUCH we finally arrived to the school.